- If you want to go send off the football team on their way to the airport to head to Houston for the national title game, there will be a rally at 1p this afternoon on campus.
- Christian Caple spoke to Elijah Jackson about “the Swat” which was cool for a day but there are bigger goals for this team.
- Mike Vorel writes that Husky players didn’t have a curfew after the Sugar Bowl despite staying on Bourbon Street. It shows the trust the coaching staff has in this team.
- Bruce Feldman ran his Coaches Confidential series asking coaches who have played one of Michigan and Washington about how they see the matchup going and each teams’ strengths and weaknesses.
- If you’re going to be in Houston, grab tickets to Split Zone Duo’s live show tomorrow night (Saturday 1/6) where doors open at 5p.
- If you have an SZD premium membership ($10 per month but if you want to only pay for this month, you can) you can listen to Christian Caple go on the pod to talk about Washington’s rise for a more national audience.
- Check out our Michigan sister site MaizeNBrew.com for all of their preview coverage from the opposite perspective.
- Washington appears to be in the running to add another leading receiver off a Pac-12 team this offseason after already bringing in Cal’s Jeremiah Hunter via the portal.
Bolden posted 54 catches for 746 yards and 7 TD (5 receiving, 2 rushing) at Oregon State this fall https://t.co/zioqbD1TCK— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) January 5, 2024
Washington OT Roger Rosengarten this season:— PFF College (@PFF_College) January 4, 2024
610 Pass Block Snaps
Zero Sacks Allowed
Two QB Hits Allowed pic.twitter.com/YiL04GFBOs
The journey continues pic.twitter.com/dbNm8fMvm6— Washington Football (@UW_Football) January 5, 2024
- The Huskies lost yet another heartbreaker last night, this time at home to Oregon by a score of 76-74. Star Keion Brooks Jr. is an 82% free throw shooter but made just 5 of 12 shots from the line in what ended up a one possession game. Washington now falls to 0-3 in Pac-12 play and would require a miraculous turnaround to get anywhere near their goals for the season.
- At least the fans in the building got to see real quality during halftime with true professionals Christian and Scooby.
Are you not entertained?? pic.twitter.com/y4Zni9b4sG— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) January 5, 2024
Top150 junior Semetri "TT" Carr took his first official visit to #Washington back in the fall. He recapped his trip and discussed his high major recruitment with @247Sports.— Brandon Jenkins (@BJenkins247) January 5, 2024
VIP | https://t.co/bDgmWvO0xM pic.twitter.com/9MfVy6UBRe
- Coach Tina Langley spoke about the Washington WBB team and where they stand so far. The Women’s team opens up conference play tonight against California.
Retro Harbaugh Dot
- Our own Collin O’Meara’s collage of the similarities between Jim Harbaugh and the killer from Dirty Harry