- The Heisman trophy ceremony is tomorrow (Saturday) night at 5pm PT on ESPN. Washington’s Michael Penix Jr. is one of four finalists alongside LSU’s Jayden Daniels, Oregon’s Bo Nix, and Ohio State’s Marvin Harrison Jr.
- Meanwhile, the Biletnikoff Award for the nation’s best receiver will be awarded tonight. The candidates are UW’s Rome Odunze, OSU’s Marvin Harrison Jr., and LSU’s Malik Nabers
- Kalen DeBoer added an AP Coach of the Year award to his trophy case which already holds a pair of Pac-12 Coach of the Year awards.
- Christian Caple and Danny O’Neal have the latest edition of their Say Who, Say Pod podcast recapping a very eventful last week.
- Unsurprisingly, there were a lot of Texas fans looking for Sugar Bowl tickets and expect them to now pounce on the secondary market ones available. Washington will announce which season ticket holders received tickets at some point today.
Texas received only 13,000 tickets for Sugar Bowl matchup w/Washington, but UT had 52,000 ticket requests (32,000 from season ticket holders/donors, 20,000 from students) via @AnwarRichardson— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) December 8, 2023
What if I told you Washington and Texas have the same number of sacks in the last three games (6), but the Longhorns have allowed more than twice the number of sacks the Huskies have this season— Lars Hanson (@LarsHanson) December 7, 2023
UT allowed 26 sacks. UW gave up 11 pic.twitter.com/9ryKgJMRm2
Transfer Portal Dots
- Kansas State transfer CB Will Lee III put the Huskies in his top-three and says he’ll be taking an official visit to UW beginning tomorrow night.
- UCLA transfer TE Carsen Ryan has set official visits to both Washington and Utah.
- Notre Dame transfer WR Tobias Merriweather lists the Huskies as one of a few teams with mutual interest and is setting up official visits to UCLA, UW, and WSU.
- A few prospects announced new offers from Washington including Alabama DL Isaiah Hastings and San Diego State OT Drew Azzopardi.
Notre Dame transfer TE Holden Staes (@Hstaes13) plans on visiting Tennessee, Washington, & Oklahoma, per @ChadSimmons_— Transfer Portal (@TransferPortal_) December 7, 2023
Staes is a former 2022 On300 recruit https://t.co/4IkCxr7neI pic.twitter.com/dXVfy8UoMn
- Washington has an incredibly important game on Saturday night when they host Gonzaga. The sold out game starts at 8p PT and will be televised on ESPN2.
- 247 Sports wrote what they’ve learned about each Pac-12 team so far including that Washington has not figured out their center rotation following the injury to Braxton Meah at the start of the year.
Boys in the Boat Dots
- George Clooney was in town to help promote the Boys in the Boat movie which debuts in a few weeks. He knew his audience by stating that Michael Penix Jr. deserves to win the Heisman.