I never sleep, ‘cause sleep is the cousin of death
Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined
I think of crime when I’m in a Dots State of Mind
- Christian Caple takes a look at the finances of UW’s successful season. Specifically, he breaks down the bonuses in the contracts for Kalen Deboer and the rest of the coaching staff. Deboer has already earned over $600,000 in bonuses this year and that number could top $1.3m if everything breaks the Dawgs’ way in the CFP, APR ratings, and Coach of the Year voting. Of course, that’s all money well spent and the Dawgs will continue to generate additional revenue with continued winning.
- In the wake of the Broyles Award, Jon Wilner provides his rankings of Pac-12 assistant coaches. Before you read the list, remember that Wilner is a plugged-in expert for Pac-12 business and media news. With that caveat in mind, we can ask ourselves why he rated Ryan Grubb sixth in the conference, behind his own staff-mate Chuck Morrell and Johnny Nansen (???).
- With the transfer portal bursting at the seams, everyone has their list of targets and needs ready to send to the North Pole. Mike Vorel gives his own list of positions of need for the Huskies in the transfer portal.
- Kalen Deboer spoke to the media earlier this week about matching up with Texas for the second postseason in a row. Not surprisingly, there were plenty of questions about the Alamo Bowl rematch, and Deboer was highly complimentary of Steve Sarkisian and the Longhorns. Old friend of UWDP Raymond Lucas, Jr. has a summary of Deboer’s comments from 247.
- Husky athletics reported some other good news away from the football field. UW reported that 91% of eligible student athletes graduated in the most recently available reporting data. Men’s Soccer stood out as a program setting its own best ever graduation rate.
Can somebody explain to me how Michael Penix Jr isn't the Heisman favorite?— Blue Bloods Bias (@bluebloodsbias) December 6, 2023
His resume currently includes:
4,218 Passing Yards (#1 in College Football)
Perfect 13-0 Record (11 Power 5 Opponents)
5-0 vs Ranked Opponents
Won his Conference Championship
Led 6 Game… pic.twitter.com/8zmUcWmsdN
We are finally back up-to-date after the firehose that was the start of the portal opening. Check out ranks here including the ability to sort for players with ties to UW.— Max Vrooman (@UWDP_maxvroom) December 7, 2023
(would be nice if the thumbnail showed the most recent update but oh well)https://t.co/FZF6hCmGnL