It’s finally here. The final Pac-12 Championship Game. It also happens to be the first time that two Pac-12 teams ranked in the top-five are playing one another. And it is of course another addition of the crackling Washington-Oregon rivalry. All of it taking place in Vegas before a sold out crowd that will be less than half full because they sold all the tickets to 3rd party vendors and not directly to fans. 5pm, ABC.
- Mike Vorel has his keys to the game in tonight’s incredibly important Pac-12 Championship game.
- Washington is trying to embrace an underdog mentality given that almost no one is given the first ever team to go undefeated in the Pac-12 regular season a chance.
- Christian Caple makes his pick for the most important game in rivalry history.
- He and Danny O’Neil also have the latest edition of their Say Who, Say Pod.
Transfer Portal Dots
- Washington offered UC Davis LB Teddye Buchanan who PFF graded as one of the top linebackers in the FCS over the last three seasons.
- Three former Husky players have now re-entered the transfer portal as grad students: Old Dominion LB Demario King and San Diego State players TE Mark Redman and ED Cooper McDonald. Redman led SDSU in both receiving yards and TDs this past season...with 413 and 3 respectively.
- Several big names across the Pac-12 entered the portal including: Oregon State QB D.J Uiagelelei, UCLA QB Dante Moore, and Washington State WR Joshua Kelly (started out at Fresno State under DeBoer/Grubb).
- Dane Brugler and Max Olsen at The Athletic talk to coaches around the country about the best transfer QBs available.
- A reminder to check out my transfer portal rankings at this link and embedded below. I’ll have my first transfer portal tracker piece up next week once the portal officially opens for everyone.
- The football game tonight isn’t the only Husky event happening in Vegas this weekend. The men’s basketball team takes on undefeated #20 Colorado State tomorrow. If you’re in town for the football game, go support the basketball team at 4p on Saturday afternoon as well.
- Meanwhile you’ll be looking at the secondary market if you want tickets to watch the Huskies host Gonzaga next weekend.
Alaska Airlines Arena is SOLD OUT for next Saturday's showdown with No. 11 Gonzaga!— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) November 30, 2023
Still looking for tickets? Season ticket options are available while supplies last or visit SeatGeek, the official ticket marketplace of Washington Athletics: https://t.co/BhF3onwaH6 pic.twitter.com/Rnpa0CFgD3
2025 @PCquakersBBall/@PrideUAA17u forward Matthew Gilhool just received an offer from Washington, his coach tells me.— Ari Rosenfeld (@ARosenfeldHoops) December 1, 2023
The Huskies had an assistant in last night for the 6’10” lefty’s season opener pic.twitter.com/9KHyVTj4A4