Mistakes are valuable lessons often learned too late. Star Wars - The Clone Wars, Season 7, Episode 6
Let’s hope that there were valuable lessons learned from last weekend’s games that were not learned too late.
- Another honor for Mishael Powell-this one is a national honor.
- Tony Castricone points out this his pick-6 was one of the longest in Husky history. Tony will be talking with him on the Husky Football Coaches Show tonight.
By the way, @meesh_powell’s 89-yard INT return for a TD was the 5th longest pick-6 in Husky history, and the longest in 26 years (Jermaine Smith, 1997 vs Arizona).— Tony Castricone (@Castricone) October 25, 2023
It was the longest in a home game since Alvin Burleson’s 93 yarder helped Don James win his first Apple Cup, 28-27. https://t.co/mx71vLQ7yA
- After going 5 years without a pick-6,Edefuan Ulofoshio, the other Husky this year with a pick-6, thinks that he and Mishael Powell should form their own club and call it the ‘Husky Diamond Club’.
- Both depth charts are out for this week’s game against Stanford. Based on it, Buelow, McMillan, Letuligasenoa, and Fabiculannan could all play-but we probably shouldn’t read too much into that.
- Tony Castricone on a strange stat going into the game this weekend. On the positive side, we may not see Stanford force a UW fumble. On the negative side, UW may not force a Stanford fumble.
Interesting tidbit about this weekend's game:— Tony Castricone (@Castricone) October 24, 2023
Washington and Stanford are the only two teams in the FBS which have not forced a fumble.
So, if someone pops the ball out on Saturday, that'll be the first one for either team all season.
- Lincoln Kennedy was inducted into the Rose Bowl Hall of Fame.
UW Athletics Dots
- The Husky Hall of Fame Class of 2023 was recognized at the game last Saturday.
- UW Hoops’ Pro Dawg are hitting the courts.
- UW Women’s Volleyball to host the Oregon schools this weekend.
- UW Men’s Soccer has this video highlighting their seniors.