- Mike Vorel writes that Washington is ready to seize their opportunity in what is almost certainly the biggest edition of this particular rivalry game’s history.
- The AP News previews the weekend of college football with a spotlight on UW/Oregon and Penix’s Heisman chances.
- Jon Wilner makes his Pac-12 picks and shocker, he likes Oregon.
- Wilner also gives his analysis of new AD Troy Dannen’s pres conference and how he appears to fit at Washington.
- Christian Caple and Danny O’Neal have the latest edition of Say Who, Say Pod discussing Dannen as well as previewing the Oregon game.
- Brandon Huffman of 247 Sports goes in-depth to inform the uninformed about exactly how the Huskies were able to build the best receiver room in college football.
- Steve Wiltfong previews the extensive list of recruits that will be making the trip to Seattle to watch the Dawgs take on Oregon including several 2024 commits and a ton of still uncommitted targets in 2024 and 2025.
- That list includes DL Keona Wilhite who recently decommitted from Arizona and has several crystal ball picks to Washington. Are we on woof watch this weekend?
- Washington cancelled a future matchup with San Jose State for 2028 as the Dawgs will try to adjust to the new B1G rotations.
Convinced my mother to take my younger brother and I. Got there at 4:30 in the morning. It was cold and wet, but meant everything to me.— Ray Jr (@RaymondLucasJr) October 12, 2023
I’ll be at Husky Stadium covering this great rivalry Saturday and I just know my inner child is smiling hardpic.twitter.com/zUChIixVrg
Here's what the 33 models tracked on the #CFBPicker dashboard have on the Washington-Oregon game.— Andrew Percival (@PDawg206) October 12, 2023
20 have Washington SU
12 have Oregon SU
9 have Washington -2.5
23 have Oregon +2.5 pic.twitter.com/Lkdjjy8wKY
- Washington Men’s Basketball was picked 9th in the Pac-12 preseason media poll yesterday (the women were also picked 9th the day before).
- Dawgman has a complete transcript of everything that was said by coach Mike Hopkins plus Kentucky transfers Keion Brooks Jr. and Sahvir Wheeler at Pac-12 Media Day. The biggest news for those that haven’t been able to read the tea leaves this summer: no more zone.
- Washington appears to be in line to get a visit from the new #1 prospect in the class of 2025 (he recently reclassified) thanks to the promotion of Ben Lee to an official assistant coach this week.
- Really enjoy the Eye on College Basketball podcast if you’re trying to keep up with the national developments in MBB this year.