Gotta do what you can just to keep your Dots alive
Trying not to confuse it with what you do to survive
- The Husky men’s basketball team led #6 Arizona 44-42 early in the second half. From that point forward, the Wildcats outscored the Dawgs 53-28: not the kind of defensive performance you would want from a coach who prides himself on that end. With the Huskies continuing to flounder at 5-7 in conference and a readily apparent chasm between their performances and the conference’s elite, Larry Stone writes that time may be running short on the Mike Hopkins era.
- The women’s team avoided an embarrassing result against Arizona State. The 55-53 road win dropped the Sun Devils to 0-10 in the Pac. The defense got the job done, giving up only six points in the final 6:20 of the game.
- Christian Caple’s latest mailbag takes NIL questions head-on: specifically, Caple is clear that he will not speculate on NIL amounts or report on rumors that aren’t substantiated. It’s a decreasingly common stance in journalism, but it’s a good one.
- UW hasn’t had the best luck recruiting high school tight ends in recent years. Greg Biggins notes that Decker DeGraaf, one of the top 2025 TEs in the west, had a great visit to UW over the weekend. DeGraaf was one of several recruits on campus over the weekend and Dawgman has notes on many of them.
- You didn’t have to stay up until Australian prime time to see high end tennis this weekend. The Dawg women’s team dominated Portland State 6-1. The decisive victory keeps UW’s record at a perfect 4-0.
Had a great day at the university of Washington @CoachTTMP pic.twitter.com/ckQr3eo4A1— Chris Effiong ️ (@chris_effiong26) January 29, 2023
Final #SpaceNeedleShootout Update…— 7on7 Association (@The7on7NW) January 30, 2023
-@gofordsports 5-Star over @HeirFootball Black in a HOTLY contested High School division champion.
FSP-5 Star is your 2023 Space Needle Shootout HS Division Champion
What a great weekend!
Huge thanks to @montlakefutures, https://t.co/etPIlRwm2S, Aletheian Wealth Advisors for bringing @davon_banks5 @ATuputala @itscaaam_ @mjayale20 and @jpolk_22 out to train youth football players today. We really do have the best NIL for our Dawgs and for our community! pic.twitter.com/vIqnMDqrn8— Montlake Players (@montlakeplayers) January 30, 2023
‼️ CONGRATS @trent_mcduffie— Washington Football (@UW_Football) January 30, 2023
.@UW_Football OL Jaxson Kirkland stonewalling the defender #PFNShrine | @ShrineBowl pic.twitter.com/pOvSDiY7Gi— Pro Football Network (@PFN365) January 28, 2023
EDIT: BREAKING NEWS DOT
- Former Husky QB Sam Huard officially announced he is transferring to FCS Cal Poly where the new offensive coordinator is his former HS coach Sheldon Cross. It would not be a surprise to see fellow UW transfer Lonyatta Alexander join his former QB and HS coach there as well.
Former UW QB Sam Huard announces on "Brock and Salk" on 710 AM that he's transferring to Cal Poly. Will play under his former high school coach at Kennedy Catholic, Sheldon Cross.— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) January 30, 2023