“I’m a big deal in the resistance.” —Finn, The Force Awakens
Maybe Finn was exaggerating (sorry if that was a spoiler for you), but there are a number of Huskies that are a big deal, and many were honored recently.
- Max had an article about the football honorees, but here are some snapshots.
- Heart-warming story of how Michael Penix Jr.’s parents watched UW’s win over Oregon-on an iPad in a gas station parking lot. (They were at Michael’s brother’s playoff game that same day.)
- Michael Penix Jr. and Wayne Taulapapa will be signing autographs this Sunday at the Seahawks game as they raise money for the Salvation Army.
@— Montlake Futures (@montlakefutures) December 6, 2022
Join @themikepenix and @WayneTaulapapa this Sunday from 11:30 to 1 as they raise funds for @SalvationArmyUS programs and services. Both will be happy to sign autographs and pose in pictures!#NILatUW pic.twitter.com/tsLfRrRixn
- If you are thinking about going to the Alamo Bowl (and are from the West Coast), there’s this bit of news that could be helpful...
UW Athletics Dots
- Huskies take on the Bulldogs on Friday in Spokane.
- UW Women’s Volleyball players also get some awards: