“Let go of your hate.” —Luke Skywalker, Return Of The Jedi
(It’s going to be hard for some fans this week.)
- UW debuts at #25 in the latest CFP, along with 4 other Pac-12 teams.
SuperWest in CFP Top 25 Rankings (11/8)— SuperWest Sports (@SuperWestSports) November 9, 2022
- Scott Eklund at Dawgman interviewed UW’s QB and found that since he is new to the Pacific Northwest, Michael Penix Jr. is learning this week that Oregon is a team “that we don’t like”.
- Jack Westover’s dad taught him about the rivalry when he was young.
Spoke to Jack Westover about the Washington Oregon game: “When I was eight or nine years old my dad told me if Oregon was the only school I could get into he wouldn’t pay for it.“— Dave “Softy” Mahler (@Softykjr) November 8, 2022
- For Eddie Ulofoshio, this next game is “personal” as he says in this article by Dan Raley.
- Coach DeBoer has heard it-a lot!
Kalen DeBoer, asked about his knowledge of the Oregon rivalry so far: "I don't know if there's a speaking engagement I've went to where they haven't emphasized how important it is to beat the Ducks."— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) November 7, 2022
- This article on the Transfer Portal highlights how two transfer QB’s, who have been the biggest surprises of the season, will be facing off this weekend: Bo Nix and Michael Penix Jr.
- Before high school, UW LT Troy Fautanu used to play fullback. The article by Mike Vorel includes a video of him playing fullback. Troy Fautanu also plays some volleyball.
- Reinforcements in the secondary are on the way for next year as Leroy Bryant is still locked in with his commitment to Washington.
Fairfield (Calif.) Rodriguez cornerback Leroy Bryant is eager to get his career going at Washington and his game-day visit last month only ramped that up https://t.co/qA5YbL9UVJ pic.twitter.com/YPm42Z73Pa— Brandon Huffman (@BrandonHuffman) November 9, 2022
Men’s Basketball Dots
- Watch the post game press conference from Coach Hopkins after their win over Weber State. If you’d rather read it, you can find a transcript here.
- Watch some top moments from the win.
UW Athletics Dots
The block rejects a season-high 1⃣3⃣ tonight to lead the Huskies to the road win!!— Washington Volleyball (@UWVolleyball) November 7, 2022
Washington hits .381
1⃣8⃣ kills for Hoffman
1⃣3⃣ kills for Grote
1⃣1⃣ kills for Crenshaw#PointHuskies pic.twitter.com/rcnLqz0CN1