“We had each other. That’s how we won.”—Lando Calrissian, The Rise of Skywalker
The regular season has ended for UW’s football team, but there is still a lot going on including awaiting a bowl invitation, the official opening of the Transfer Portal (Dec. 5th-Jan 18), the early signing period (Dec. 21-23), and the announcement of players who will or will not be going to the NFL. And it is the ‘silly season’ where coaching changes can cause excitement and consternation among fans and lots of changes to some teams.
- One UW assistant that Husky fans don’t need to worry about is their OC. Ryan Grubb has had his contract at UW extended so he will continue to be OC at UW through 2025. He has said that he would like to be a head coach someday, but obviously he’s not in a hurry.
BREAKING: UW offensive coordinator Ryan Grubb agreed in early November to a two-year contract extension through 2025, a source confirmed to The Times Tuesday. He's set to earn $1.45 million in 2023, $1.55 million in 2024 and $1.67 million in 2025. https://t.co/BauiyGaJUb— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) November 29, 2022
- Jaxson Kirkland will be playing in the East-West Shrine game.
- Michael Penix Jr. thought he had a TD reception, but it didn’t get recorded as one.
- Penix is good at throwing deep.
Michael Penix Jr.: 2,378 passing yards on 10+ yard throws— PFF College (@PFF_College) November 29, 2022
Ranks 1st in the Power 5 ✅ pic.twitter.com/zd7GR97zjZ
- Several Huskies and coaches sat down with KJR last night including Coach DeBoer and Michael Penix. The podcast of the interviews should be available if you missed them live.
Todays schedule & broadcast location from the @UW_Football offices:— Dave “Softy” Mahler (@Softykjr) November 29, 2022
3:00 - Coach DeBoer
3:28 - Rome Odunze
3:45 - Edefuan Ulofoshio
4:00 - Coach Grubb w/Husky Honks
4:28 - Alex Cook w/Husky Honks
5:00 - Jon Wilner
5:28 - Michael Penix
5:45 - Coach Inge
6:00 - Coach Shephard pic.twitter.com/OcKgQ8pPeT
UW Athletics Dots
Ella May Powell
Emoni Bush (Honorable Mention)
- Another honor for a UW athlete:
- Do you have a baby and are competitive?
This Sunday it's on!— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) November 29, 2022
Parents of crawling babies are invited to compete in our first-ever Baby Race at halftime of our game on Sunday, December 4 against Colorado