Marching with the soldier boy behind
He’s much older now with hat on drinking wine
And that smell of sweet perfume comes drifting through
All the cool night air like Dots
- Mike Vorel notes that the variety of looks UW brought through the game helped keep a talented Cal defense on its heels. Five different running backs carried the ball, eleven players caught passes, and Mishael Powell returned from injury to be arguably the most productive DB.
- While bowl eligibility might have felt like a given a few years ago, Larry Stones writes that fans should take a moment to appreciate that achievement this year. With so much upheaval and such a poor season in 2021, getting to six wins through eight weeks is more meaningful than usual.
- Christian Caple noted that the maligned UW defense performed significantly better, at least for a half. Cal’s passing game rolled after halftime, but holding the Bears scoreless for the first half was enough to get the win.
- Away from the football field, the Husky basketball team got some good news on Sunday night. Seattle Prep swingman Christian King committed to UW over a host of mid-major offers. King joins Wesley Yates in a class that’s looking strong on the perimeter.
- In other hoops news, two former Huskies were drafted in the first round of the G League draft. Terrell Brown Jr went. to Atlanta’s affiliate and the Lakers’ team snagged Nate Roberts.
- Husky women’s soccer pulled off an exciting win on Sunday. After giving up a 14th minute goal to Arizona State, the Dawgs trailed for the whole game until a pair of late goals within four minutes.
What's really interesting is our D has been almost exactly average or better in 5 of our 7 games against FBS opponents. Arizona was an outlier, and ASU was an extreme outlier. But for the vast majority of games (including Saturday at Cal) the D was almost exactly on par.— Tony Castricone (@Castricone) October 24, 2022
COLUMN:— The Daily Sports (@UWDailySports) October 24, 2022
The final four games of the regular season will ultimately dictate @UW_Football's fate, but bowl eligibility is already a sign of progress | via @EthanArles https://t.co/tAqzSMg9wK
In a much needed performance, @UWVolleyball swept Arizona Sunday afternoon, 3-0 | via @Madisonroc18 https://t.co/OVdDujdxxh— The Daily Sports (@UWDailySports) October 24, 2022
Washington's Bralen Trice vs. Cal— PFF College (@PFF_College) October 23, 2022
41.9% pass-rush win %
Best by a P5 defender this week pic.twitter.com/IX5RIfywT4
PAC-12 Receiving Leaders (Yards):— WestCoastCFB (@WestCoastCFB) October 23, 2022
1. Rome Odunze (UW) - 756
2. Jacob Cowing (UA) - 737
3. Jalen McMillan (UW) - 611
4. Dorian Singer (UA) - 605
5. Jordan Addison (USC) - 585
6. Troy Franklin (Ore) - 561