I told a girl that my prospects were good
And she said, “baby, it’s understood
Working for Dots is all very fine
But I can show you a better time
- As much as Dylan Morris struggled in the Montana catastrophe, Mike Vorel points out that it’s not time to turn to Sam Huard just yet. Jimmy Lake has treated Patrick O’Brien as the primary backup through the fall, so he might be the first option if Morris has to come out. Moreover, with the porous offensive line play and limited pass-catching options, it wouldn’t exactly be a prime opportunity for Huard to thrive.
- In some needed good news, UW joined other local sports teams in announcing that it will require proof of vaccination or a negative test to enter the stadium, starting with the Cal game on 9/25.
- The Athletic has a preview of some of the key week 2 college football games. UW and Michigan probably would have made the cut with a better outcome last week. Instead, Oregon and Utah represent the Pac on the national stage.
- Dawgman has a fun approach to the Michigan game preview with a breakdown of the team’s top recruits.
- Scott Eklund also has notes from the coaches’ press conference leading into the Michigan game. Keith Bhonapha got the unenviable task of facing the media and trying to make sense of the non-sensical performance.
- In a bit of news that sounds more like Media Mad Libs than a Seattle Times headline, Nate Burleson has joined the CBS Mornings show. O’Dea grad Burleson made a good impression on the NFL Network and will make the leap to mainstream news coverage.
- Mark Few was cited for a DUI in Idaho, which puts a stain on a pretty sterling reputation for the Gonzaga program.
All We Hear Is Purple: Montanaphylactic Shock https://t.co/rgtN0Rj7B1— UW Dawg Pound (@UWonSBN) September 8, 2021
Roster Update: We've signed QB Jake Browning to the practice squad and released P Drue Chrisman from the practice squad.— Cincinnati Bengals (@Bengals) September 7, 2021