Happy Monday At least today’s a holiday, Dawg fans. And welcome to today’s Dots.
In the recent Trap Game article we published, someone (me) dismissed Saturday’s game with: “If you’re not prepared for your first opponent of the year you’ve got bigger problems to sort out than the odd trap game.”
If you choose to plunge into the well of tears, you may, for the well is deep.
In its first game in front of fans in 645 days, UW football lost 13-7 to Montana in one of the most embarrassing performances in program history. Here's how it happened. https://t.co/vZmZBsA4hY— The Seattle Times (@seattletimes) September 5, 2021
- Here is Jimmy Lake’s post-game press conference from Saturday night. Enjoy.
- The Times had plenty to say in the loss, with Mike Vorel’s take: “Lake’s biggest problem is that he didn’t know he had one.“ and Larry Stone opining: “It was a gut-punch of epic proportions that will either shock the Huskies into a revival, or be so demoralizing that it will be hard to recover.”
- Christian Caple has his same-night look at the “worst loss in program history” and then his thoughts from the day after (spoiler: The view ain’t any rosier).
- Trojans Wire asks “Did Jimmy Lake just cool off Clay Helton’s hot seat?”
- Husky Maven gives the rundown on who was absent from Saturday’s game - beyond the shock of Rome Odunze and Terrell Bynum not playing. “Husky coach Jimmy Lake, who prefers to conceal most injuries... said he might address the depleted wide-receiving corps on Monday.”
This is gonna be a crazy story…— Terrell DeVonté Bynum (@TDBynum) September 6, 2021
- Funny enough, the first game ever where you can drink a beer in your seat was also the game you’d most need to.
Hey, Jake Browning is here. He kills his beer as he's shown on the big screen.— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) September 5, 2021
- Here’s almost 900 words on the only thing that made me smile on Saturday:
Traditionalists rejoice: Washington is bringing back the Husky Helmet Car https://t.co/7O8bkNwGGA— The Athletic Seattle (@TheAthleticSEA) September 3, 2021
get in, it’s gameday! pic.twitter.com/8zPgFVf1td— Dubs (@DubsUW) September 4, 2021
- In other news:
Coming back to Seattle with ✌️ B1G wins.#PointHuskies pic.twitter.com/v5uztr4hSd— Washington Volleyball (@UWVolleyball) September 5, 2021
FINAL | The Lobos are able to push across a goal in the 89th minute. The Huskies fall 2-1 in a tough battle. #GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/EspeG6GReo— Washington Women's Soccer (@UW_WSoccer) September 5, 2021