Happy Monday Dawg fans, and welcome to today’s Dots.
“TCB” - as in “taking care of business” - is an Elvis phrase. I’m not myself an Elvis man, but I’ve known a few people who are.
UW football had a score to settle with the Cal Bears since two close loses in their last two meetings. And although what looked like a promising start may have morphed into an ugly win on Saturday night, the Huskies handled their business, with the defense getting one of the most crucial turnovers in recent memory to seal the overtime victory. TCB, baby.
Iconic, maverick Raiders owner (and borderline Elvis impersonator), the late Al Davis had his own slogan too - “just win, baby”. And the Dawgs did. They won ... but only just.
- You can find Jimmy Lake’s post-game press conference here.
- Matt Calkins from the Seattle Times: “The Huskies sweated out a thrilling OT win over Cal. But far too many questions remain.”
- Christian Caple has his game takeaways, and his day-after final thoughts - where he wonders if Dylan Morris is throwing passes away early by design.
- The Dawgman crew discusses the game here.
- From Mike Vorel’s game analysis: “UW has failed to score a touchdown in an entire half in six of eight games with John Donovan as offensive coordinator.” Eesh.
- In his fourth year as UW place kicker, Peyton Henry is 4-11 (career) from 40+ yards.
- Husky Maven has a rundown of the players who didn’t dress for the game - and if you hadn’t heard yet, Cade Otton is not expected back for Oregon State.
CLAMPS @UW_Football— PFF College (@PFF_College) September 26, 2021
UW's offense has totaled 15 plays of 20+ yards so far this year (8th in P12, 91st in FBS).— Tony Castricone (@Castricone) September 27, 2021
- All 15 plays have come through the air.
- 9 came on 1st down, 2 on 2nd, 3 on 3rd and 1 on 4th.
- 12 from WRs, 3 from TEs.
- 1 vs Mont, 4 vs Mich, 7 vs ArkSt, 3 vs Cal.
UW has been excellent in the red zone on both sides of the ball:— Tony Castricone (@Castricone) September 27, 2021
12 scores (100%, T-1st FBS)
9 TDs (75%, 5th P12, 26th FBS)
10 scores (66%, 2nd P12, 17th FBS)
6 TDs (40%, 1st P12, 19th FBS)
1 goal line stand
2 turnovers forced#GoDawgs
Yardage Differential This Season:— WestCoastCFB (@WestCoastCFB) September 26, 2021
1. Arizona State +767
2. Oregon State +418
3. Utah +251
4. Washington +201
5. USC +138
6. UCLA +136
7. Cal +98
8. Arizona +24
9. Oregon (-1)
10. Stanford (-215)
11. WSU (-239)
12. Colorado (-492)
- That fourth set... what?!
The longest,(and greatest???) set in Husky Volleyball history, is won by WASHINGTON‼️‼️— Washington Volleyball (@UWVolleyball) September 26, 2021
FORTY-SIX TO FORTY-FOUR
We have another set to play!!
Pac-12 Networks#PointHuskies x #BoeingAppleCupSeries @ncaavb pic.twitter.com/W3NNRgyB2l
An historic fight from the Huskies today but it finishes two sets to three for WSU.#PointHuskies x #BoeingAppleCupSeries pic.twitter.com/d5PIVVxfJN— Washington Volleyball (@UWVolleyball) September 26, 2021
- Dawgs for life:
AND 7 IN FOR 7!!!!!!@byronmurphy x #RedSea pic.twitter.com/cpyH4gij7k— Arizona Cardinals (@AZCardinals) September 26, 2021