Happy Monday Dawg fans, and welcome to today’s Dots.
- Larry Stone says “This Husky season is already hanging by a thread, and if you want to argue that the thread has snapped, it’s hard to counter.”
- Christian Caple recounts the Wolverines running over the Dawgs and adds the ominous line “is there any evidence to suggest [the Arkansas State Red Wolves] shouldn’t feel like they can win at Husky Stadium next weekend?” Yikes.
- Caple’s erudite, day-after “15 final thoughts on Washington’s loss at Michigan” bludgeons with “the Huskies really did go 20 possessions between their first two touchdowns of the season. Those drives ended with 10 punts, one missed field-goal attempt, one made field goal, three interceptions, three turnovers on downs and two ends of halves.
This should have been a week of reevaluation and creativity for Washington's offensive coaching staff. If anything, UW looks even more predictable and less imaginative than last week.— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) September 12, 2021
The bad news: UW ranks 121st nationally in rush defense (235 yards per game), 111th in opponent YPC (5.22), 127th in rushing offense (57.5 yards per game) and 128th in yards per carry (1.95).— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) September 12, 2021
- Dawgman has “Everything Jimmy Lake had to say after Washington’s 31-10 loss to Michigan”.
- Dan Raley from Husky Maven chimes in, and in the midst of all the Donovan-bashing, reminds us that “The defensive front has zero sacks, zero turnovers”.
- But don’t worry, this one will lift your spirits:
Seattle (Wash.) Rainier Beach offensive lineman Josh Conerly Jr., took in his first official visit over the weekend, checking out Michigan against hometown Washington https://t.co/EU6pMdvyD6 pic.twitter.com/3NQX0uGqUw— Brandon Huffman (@BrandonHuffman) September 13, 2021
- Oops. Sorry. Maybe this one will...
Daniel Heimuli in for one play at least after Ulofoshio's helmet comes off.— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) September 12, 2021
Heard today that the first in-season coordinator change could come there if things don't improve soon.— Adam Rittenberg (@ESPNRittenberg) September 13, 2021
- This one definitely should:
- Gaskin finished with 14 touches (9 rush, 5 pass) for 76 yards.
- I know we probably shouldn’t joke about targeting, but c’mon!!
USC kicker gets ejected for targeting on opening kickoff vs. Stanford https://t.co/UfodJCcjUc— Creg Stephenson the First (@CregStephenson) September 12, 2021
- I’m as loyal a Husky fan as you’ll meet, but we may need to create our own fun this season if the Husky offense continues to average 8.5 points per game...
Since his head coaching stints in the Bay Area, old foe Jim Harbaugh and his arsenal of facial expressions have always reminded me of another famous bad guy from San Francisco - the serial killer Scorpio from the 1971 Clint Eastwood classic Dirty Harry.
- Volleyball anyone?
- The football team weren’t the only Huskies in Ann Arbor. Hopefully Husky Women’s Golf has a better go of it today: