- Jimmy Lake had his first weekly presser with media in attendance yesterday morning and you can watch it below or read the transcript here.
- As is tradition with the Monday before the first game of the year, the team released their initial depth chart. You can find my analysis of the biggest surprises here.
- Christian Caple puts forth 6 reasons why Washington will win the Pac-12 and then 6 reasons counter-arguments for why they won’t.
- Jon Wilner ranked the Pac-12 teams in order of the comfort in their QB room. Unsurprisingly the Huskies placed towards the top.
- Wilner also ranked the most impactful newcomers for each team with Bookie Radley-Hiles serving as the Dawgs’ representative.
- Former Husky Sidney Jones is on his way back to Seattle after the Seahawks traded a 6th round pick to rescue him from Jacksonville and compete for a starting corner spot.
Trade: Jaguars sending CB Sidney Jones to Seattle, per source. Jones returns to area where he shined in college.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 30, 2021
- A few other former Dawgs will be looking for new teams or ending up on practice squads to start the year.
Bucs are also waiving receiver Jaydon Mickens, who was their primary returner for much of last season. The drafting of Jaelon Darden put him in jeopardy, but there's a good chance he comes back on the practice squad.— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 31, 2021
The Colts are releasing offensive lineman Jake Eldrenkamp, per source.— Joel A. Erickson (@JoelAErickson) August 30, 2021
- Put this on a billboard outside the house of every DB recruit target please
Elijah Molden says everything he learned at @UW_Football has created a foundation for him and is transferring over to the NFL. Credited @CoachLakeUDUB for getting him ready. The process Molden had at Washington is able tk be applied during film study, practice, etc w/ #Titans.— TURRON DAVENPORT (@TDavenport_NFL) August 30, 2021
Highest-graded non 1st-RD defenders in #NFL preseason— PFF College (@PFF_College) August 30, 2021
1. Nate Hobbs, Raiders CB - 90.7
2. Elijah Sullivan, 49ers LB - 89.9
3. Jonathon Cooper, Broncos ED - 88.6
4. Elijah Molden, Titans CB - 85.7 pic.twitter.com/qRIBzpsuQg
Washington Athletics Dots
- Congrats to Lucas Meek!
- A lot of softball content for the offseason last night.
We are thrilled to have @UWSoftball’s @CoachTarr, who has guided the Huskies to the 2009 National Championship, seven Women’s College World Series Appearances and many, many more impressive feats, at the ballpark to throw out tonight’s ceremonial first pitch! #MightyAreTheWomen pic.twitter.com/pmhwd8HJtm— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) August 31, 2021