Yeah when you call my name
I salivate like a Pavlov dog
Yeah when you lay me out
My heart is beating louder than Dots, alright
- The Pac-12, ACC, and Big 10 entered into a non-contractual “gentleman’s agreement” temporarily called “The Alliance.” No, it’s not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Silly as some of the PR-speak sounds, if this group can make hay on non-conference scheduling, vote to maintain power in competitive matters (like the CFP), and coalesce on policy matters (like NIL and player compensation), it can keep the 41 schools in a competitive position.
- Back on the field, Christian Caple profiles ten players who stood out to him in fall camp. You can look for guys emerging on the margins, but the positive vibes around Dylan Morris mean the most and could elevate the whole program.
- Stuart Mandel makes his picks in the Pac-12 North. While Mandel is a smart guy, he gets one thing dead wrong. Oregon can’t “continue to rule” a division it has won once in six years.
- With The Alliance moving in response to SEC expansion, the ball is back in the Big 12’s court. Max Olson looks at some of the options and challenges facing the remaining members of the conference. Can expansion make sense for the remaining programs?
- On a lighter note, The Athletic’s Manny Navarro makes some rosters out of fun player names, including Animal, Food, and Money names. Several Dawgs show up on the eminently prestigious lists.
- Close as we are to actual football, Scott Eklund continues to give updates on fall practices, with news and notes from yesterday’s practice.
EXCLUSIVE POD (30m): @KimGrinolds caught up with @Coach_Hopkins this week to talk about all the changes going on with @UW_MBB, including a whole bunch of new coaches and players. There was a lot to break down. #GoDawgs #GoHuskies #DawgPack #woof https://t.co/5zHBKtshmO— *Chris Fetters (@Chris_Fetters) August 25, 2021
We are THIS excited to see our UW Football Alumni and Season Ticket Holders tomorrow at The @GreatestSetting In College Football!!! 5-7 PM Live Scrimmage! #BowDownToWashington pic.twitter.com/KCsUfSFOAD— Jimmy Lake (@CoachLakeUDUB) August 25, 2021