Happy Monday Dawg fans, and welcome to today’s Dots.
Each day of camp brings Sept 4th closer, and the home game vs Montana now sits less than three weeks away.
- Hot off the press, here is your AP Top 25. Dawgs are ranked #20.
AP Top 25 Poll Released:— WestCoastCFB (@WestCoastCFB) August 16, 2021
25. Arizona State
34. Boise State
42. UCLA https://t.co/P7RvbVPuF4
- Christian Caple’s review of this weekend’s scrimmage:
Washington’s Saturday scrimmage: QB stats, standouts, current projected starters and more.https://t.co/rmBTm98V5g— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) August 14, 2021
- Richard Newton’s absence for part of last year is still somewhat confounding. This year’s crowded running back room may leave you wondering how carries will be divided, but also appears a good problem to have. Mike Vorel has the latest on Newton, and loads of observations from Sunday’s practice.
Observations from UW's ninth fall practice, which included some possible position changes: https://t.co/Fnvv2RrAp7— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) August 15, 2021
- Free stuff is always nice..
To celebrate FREE DAY (yup, everything on @247Sports today is free), we've come up with a set of mid-fall camp awards. We've gone position-by-position to name our MVPs and Breakthrough players. Enjoy! @Dawgman247 #GoHuskies #GoDawgs #woof https://t.co/o88hfaEjdW— *Chris Fetters (@Chris_Fetters) August 16, 2021
Henry Bainivalu said the continuity returning all five starters on the offensive line has helped kickstart the offense to start fall camp— Lars Hanson (@LarsHanson) August 14, 2021
- Also this from Bainivalu: “Being nasty as hell... That’s one of our goals.” The quote appeared in this piece from The Seattle Times Matt Calkins. Now - I am just one Husky fan with one opinion - but when I discuss with others what our OL has needed for the past several years - the word that comes up? Nastiness.
Can @UWAthletics navigate another year of public health concerns? With questions about COVID-19, air quality, and concussions surrounding the world and the Huskies, @edwardsanthonyb sat down with @UW_Football team physician Kim Harmon to find the answers.https://t.co/fiZYNNYIJ9— The Daily Sports (@UWDailySports) August 16, 2021
- This came in late Friday - more ripple effect from conference migrations:
The ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 are engaging in high-level discussions about an alliance, sources tell @TheAthletic. Not just scheduling but potentially broader cooperation going forward. Story: https://t.co/TYqct974Zr— Max Olson (@max_olson) August 14, 2021