- UW announced long-awaited changes as alcohol will now be sold at concession stands other than the Zone and no fan re-entry will be allowed after halftime. The hope on UW’s part is that fans will not be headed out to the parking lot and there will be more butts in seats at the start of the 3rd quarter. Other changes include a move to digital tickets and no cash at concession stands.
Washington Announces Fan Experience Changes For @UW_Football Gamedays, Including Beer & Wine To Be Sold Throughout Husky Stadium— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) August 11, 2021
Release: https://t.co/w6ScCLK2Y8#GoHuskies x #PurpleReign pic.twitter.com/FBXgezif4O
The no-re-entry policy is something UW admins have considered for a few years to help reduce the number of empty seats early in the third quarter. Made sense to wait until beer/wine was more accessible to implement that.— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) August 11, 2021
- The Huskies were in full pads for the first time yesterday and there was plenty to recap. Here’s Mike Vorel’s practice recap.
- Dawgman has their own recap from day 6.
- Here’s Christian Caple reflecting with 10 thoughts on practice so far.
- Bill Connelly released his final preseason SP+ rankings and Washington comes in #1 in the Pac-12 at 13th overall. 3 other opponents also rank in the top-25 as do the 2 misses for UW from the Pac-12 South.
Dylan Morris just threw consecutive 20-, 15- and 12-yard touchdowns in a 7-on-7 drill — two to Terrell Bynum, one to Devin Culp. Three of his best throws in the first six practices. Earned a big high five from John Donovan.— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) August 11, 2021
BACK. IN. PADS. #BowDown x #PurpleReign pic.twitter.com/vXsM8e0hsr— Washington Football (@UW_Football) August 12, 2021
FOOTBALL IS IN THE AIR— PFF College (@PFF_College) August 11, 2021
Don’t sleep on Washington’s defense
Washington Athletics Dots
The #GymDawgs also had 13 members of the 2020-21 team named WCGA Scholastic All-America Award Winners!— Washington Gymnastics (@UWGymnastics) August 11, 2021