Happy Monday Dawg fans, and welcome to today’s Dots.
- Last week’s news of a potential Texas and Oklahoma move to the SEC could see unprecedented conference realignment in college football. Amidst a wave of national media on this topic, here’s The Athletic’s burgeoning slate of conference realignment articles.
- The Athletic’s Andy Staples says “The best move for the Big Ten — is for the Big Ten to take half the Pac-12.”
The Big Ten can help college football stay a national sport by partnering with the Pac-12. But the Big Ten could help the Big Ten a lot more (and still help college football remain a national sport) by raiding the Pac-12. https://t.co/CI9DQjlUTL pic.twitter.com/ltWLsjioFy— Andy Staples (@Andy_Staples) July 26, 2021
- And Jon Wilner’s take on the situation
Big 12 on the brink: The SEC's power play, the Pac-12's future and ESPN's master plan to own everything worth owning:https://t.co/INS0dNbLZw— Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) July 25, 2021
Nine players I’m most interested to watch when the Washington Huskies open camp https://t.co/VYJ4x0mqu9— The Athletic Seattle (@TheAthleticSEA) July 26, 2021
- More developments in the case of potential ASU recruiting violations. Tomorrow’s media day should be fun for Herm Edwards.
- Speaking of Pac-12 Media Day, here are some storylines to watch for.
- In what might have been overlooked amidst all the realignment hoopla, last week George Kliavkoff discussed forfeitures for Covid-depleted teams this fall. Kliavkoff was scheduled to meet with Pac-12 ADs today.
- Here’s a complete list of UW athletes at the 2020 Olympics.
Day 1 of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics opened with a bang for current and former Washington athletes.@eviesmason has the best of the Dawgs in softball and rowing from Saturday in Tokyo.https://t.co/uIXLRGzaZf— The Daily Sports (@UWDailySports) July 24, 2021
After the fourth round of group play at the Olympics, Ali Aguilar and Team USA have advanced to the Gold Medal game in Tokyo!— Washington Softball (@UWSoftball) July 25, 2021
Day 4 Recap: https://t.co/lgY0xovzPe#MightyAreTheWomen pic.twitter.com/JdgyuV3KnM
Still undefeated and @Kelseyplum10 is ballin'!— Washington Women’s Basketball (@UW_WBB) July 26, 2021
12 points in 22-11 win over Romania
5 points in 20-16 comeback W over Russia
Only undefeated team!!
: Stephen Gosling/NBAE/Getty Images
Recap: https://t.co/TRXEVaBl11#GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/gMVJwig2vG