- The big news of the day across college athletics is that as of today players can make money off of their name, image, and likeness without threatening their eligibility. Washington many months ago announced their boundless futures program which goes fully into effect now to help athletes capitalize on the change among other things. Mike Vorel writes about what it means for Washington. If you want to see a statement from every single UW athletics coach on the news then check out the UW Athletics twitter page.
UW Athletics Embraces NIL With Boundless Futures Program#GoHuskies— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) June 30, 2021
- The focus for many is on endorsement deals which most certainly will happen. But for the average athlete it allows them to make money off the skills they possess outside of athletics such as this example.
It was obviously absurd and backward that, until today, a college athlete wasn’t allowed to simply … play a bar gig for a few hundred bucks. (Nice Martin, Will!) https://t.co/5LDyHeerpP— Matt Norlander (@MattNorlander) July 1, 2021
- Jon Wilner writes that the new stadium in Las Vegas is hoping to set up a regular Pac-12 vs. SEC showdown over Labor Day in the future.
- Mountain/Islands region expert for 247 Sports Blair Angulo put in a crystal ball prediction for 4-star LB Tevarua Tafiti to end up with the Huskies who hosted him on an official visit this past weekend.
- Another visitor last weekend was 4-star Texas RB Emeka Megwa who will announce live on CBS Sports this morning at 11a. 100% of the crystal ball predictions at the moment are for Washington. I’m not saying, I’m just saying you might want to tune in...
Tomorrow, Thursday July 1st,@ 1pm. I will be committing on CBS Sports. https://t.co/EXz2j1inKL— Emeka ⁶ (@Emeka_Megwa) June 30, 2021
- The other thing that July 1st means? No more Larry Scott! Officially!
Excited for my first day on the job at the @pac12— George Kliavkoff (@Kliavkoff) July 1, 2021
My first order of business is addressing those who are most important to our conference's past, present & future...
My note to our student athletes on this historic day for college athletics: https://t.co/GVis28SJbO
Players by Program on PFF’s Preseason All-PAC-12 Offense and Defensive Teams:— WestCoastCFB.com (@WestCoastCFB) July 1, 2021
1. Washington - 11
2. Oregon - 8
3. Utah - 7
3. UCLA - 7
5. ASU - 6
5. WSU - 6
5. Cal - 6
8. USC - 5
8. Colorado - 5
8. OSU - 5
11. Stanford - 3
12. Arizona - 0 https://t.co/uYcttKHfPK
Greg Walker and I joined the @UW_Football program together as Freshmen in 2008.— Justin Glenn (@JGlenn_UW) July 1, 2021
He just completed the Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program @UWMedicine, 9 YEARS after graduating from UW…
This dude earned ALL OF THAT!!! CONGRATS, G WALK!!! #Built4LIFE pic.twitter.com/Cf7NtInmo5