I’m passing sleeping cities
Fading by degrees
And believing all I see to be Dots
- I seldom link to The Athletic’s recruiting notebook because it’s typically little more than a collection of notes one could gather from any recruiting site and the coverage is oddly dismissive of the Huskies. This week, I’m linking for exactly those reasons. After a lengthy discussion of JTT’s recruitment with only a cursory mention of UW’s involvement. the author highlights Mark Nabou’s decommitment from UW (even though that decision appears to be very much sanctioned by the school). Where is the discussion of the big visit weekend that has already yielded a top DL commitment and promises more to come? Apparently, that’s not fit to print.
- In addition to the 2022 recruits who got together on Montlake over the weekend, the Dawgs also hosted some future prospects. Braxton Myers is a four-star DB from Texas who was wowed by the trip. If the Huskies can keep landing highly-rated prospects from the Lonestar State, it changes the ceiling of the whole program.
- In a more thoughtful piece from The Athletic, Antonio Morales looks at the human interactions in the recruiting process. He got anonymous feedback from recruits’ parents, which provides unique insight into how teams view themselves.
- The Tacoma News Tribune recaps an odd HS football season in the South Sound with the top 20 moments of the year.
- Moving away from football ever-so-briefly, the honors keep rolling in for the UW Men’s Rowing team. In addition to the recent national championship, five members of the team were named to the IRCA All-American squad.
.@JT_tuimoloau will let the world know what school he ends up at soon. Until then he has been grinding w/ his big bro’s in a NFL environment w/ guys like Miami’s Dolphins RBs @MylesGAS & @AhmedSalvon along w/@Buccaneers 1st round pick @joe_tryon pushing him! #FSPFamily #HomeTeam pic.twitter.com/CIs2Ko9To9— tfordfsp1 (@tfordfsp1) June 30, 2021
Former Rutgers guard Jacob Young told @Stadium he will withdraw from the NBA Draft process and play at Oregon this season.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) June 29, 2021
As long as it’s not United...