“This bud of love, by summer’s ripening breath, May prove a beauteous flower when next we meet” — ‘Romeo And Juliet’ act 2, scene 2
Happy Monday Dawg fans, and welcome to today’s Dots.
- On the heels of an action-packed weekend on campus, 4-star DT Ben Roberts from Utah committed to the Huskies last night. Roberts is a big get from East High School, which has become a pipeline for Husky football. Here’s what Mike Vorel of the Seattle Times had to say about it, and here are a few pieces from the Dawgman crew.
Robert’s was the top performer at the AveryStrong 7on7 Tournament AND the linemen completion at the same event in Utah last month. Versatile athletic edge https://t.co/aMGdvOKPi3— Brandon Huffman (@BrandonHuffman) June 28, 2021
- Dawgman also has Edge Lance Holtzclaw from Arizona talking about his weekend at UW.
- 5-star Rainier Beach OT Josh Conerly showed up unannounced on campus this weekend too, adding to what was already a massive recruiting weekend.
Josh Conerly wasn't expected on this UW football recruiting weekend. The state's top 2022 prospect couldn't stay away, showing up unannounced. https://t.co/f4mtKMaT7T— Washington Huskies on SI (@HuskyMaven) June 26, 2021
- If you were away from technology/playing in the woods/under a rock from last Friday - JTT cancelled his visit to ‘Bama, concluding his official visits. Let the nail-biting began.
- And if you’re like me, you are waiting for the return of an Aces (and long-distance) kicking game on Montlake.
Ethan Moczulski. Short guy, very big foot. From Spokane. Has UW scholarship offer.https://t.co/h6umlX3QQD— Washington Huskies on SI (@HuskyMaven) June 26, 2021
- More on NIL with this highly informative report from The Athletic.
Here's the draft (not final) version of what the NCAA is calling its interim NIL policy, obtained by @TheAthletic. Board is expected to approve the temporary guidance on Wednesday, per sources.— Nicole Auerbach (@NicoleAuerbach) June 26, 2021
Plus, docs outlining prohibitions and delineation of regulatory responsibilities: pic.twitter.com/V326Y7GKdy
- ILB play saw an uncharacteristic drop in 2019, and the 4-game “season” last year showed the Husky D struggle mightily against the run. In his third year, ILB Jackson Sirmon will be relied upon to help return the Huskies to the most dominant defense in the Pac-12. UW expects.
- Dawgs for life:
Glad to see @MylesGAS and @AhmedSalvon giving my back. My son had a great time at the camp. Rocking #37 all day. Now have to get him a #26 jersey too. The Stable all about family!!!! @UW_Football #BowDown pic.twitter.com/K1G1g2Ku09— KB (@KbTheStable) June 27, 2021
- Allright, allright - these are from last week. But the Olympics have still yet to start, so soak in the run-up.
We have official confirmation that (L-R) Simon van Dorp '20, Michiel Mantel '19 and Bram Schwarz '20 have been named to the @Roeibond Olympic Team. Simon and Bram are in the Dutch M8+ and Michiel will travel to Tokyo as a spare. Congrats! #RowingU x #GoHuskies x #Tokyo2020 pic.twitter.com/zWWygVg1zU— Washington Rowing (@UW_Rowing) June 23, 2021
Rumor points to more Woof’s coming this week, Dawg fans. So stay tuned and stay cool.