- In a move that seemed likely after he took several other official visits, O’Dea OL Mark Nabou decommitted from Washington last night. It seems clear that the Huskies told Nabou that if he wanted a spot he needed to commit now and he did so but only as a placeholder while he continued to explore other opportunities. That attitude is not something that the Huskies under Chris Petersen and now under Jimmy Lake tolerate and hence the decommitment. We’ll see if Washington decides to pick things back up with in-state 4-star options Dave Iuli and Malik Agbo or just go full steam ahead with the pursuit of Josh Conerly.
- Dawgman’s Opposing View series continues with a different O’Dea offensive lineman (a slightly more committed one) with incoming freshman Owen Prentice.
- More details from Yahoo! about the ASU recruiting scandal allegations in which the dossier sent to the NCAA contained email/credit card details seemingly showing that star QB Jayden Daniels’ mother helped pay for flights for top out of area recruits to take illegal official visits.
Just noticed that UW has added Twitter/Instagram handles to their player profile pages. The NIL age is upon us. pic.twitter.com/UByifHUsFF— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) June 23, 2021
- Kelsey Plum is officially headed to the Olympics as part of the 3x3 basketball squad for the United States.
- Speaking of Kelsey Plum...
✅ Graduates from UW as the all-time leading scorer in NCAA history— Washington Women’s Basketball (@UW_WBB) June 23, 2021
✅ No. 1 overall pick in the @WNBA Draft
✅ Olympian @usab3x3
What's next for @Kelseyplum10? #GoHuskies https://t.co/odMc7BtTVh
IT putting in work with some young hoopers in his hometown @isaiahthomas (via @CHILLCONROY) pic.twitter.com/2amjOIoo5H— Overtime (@overtime) June 22, 2021
Washington Athletics Dots
— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) June 23, 2021
Elijah Molden Sis Bates
The @pac12 award is given to each member institution's outstanding senior male & female student-athletes based on achievement in scholarship, athletics, & leadership.
» https://t.co/F6ttu0Tt9L#GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/NjLeIFjWvJ
Honoring 49 years of #TitleIX today by looking back at some of our celebrations of women and girls in sport this past year.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) June 23, 2021
» https://t.co/SbyVlJvTDz#GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/cw8NzYvURM