And I can’t remember
How I met her
Seems like she’s always just been hanging here off my right arm
And I can’t remember
How I ever
Thought that I just couldn’t live without Dots
- This weekend promises to be a big one for the 2022 UW recruiting class, but that didn’t stop the Dawgs from taking a commitment last week from a 2021 recruit. Mike Vorel looks at why Davon Banks fell off the radar and how the Huskies found him. Six-feet tall, blazing speed, and rapid improvement on the field? I’d say it’s worth a shot.
- Washington also announced that Husky Stadium will be at full capacity this fall. In case you weren’t following during the day, UW teased a big announcement in the morning, then the Seahawks immediately announced full capacity, which completely took the wind out of the Husky Stadium announcement. Even so, it’s great news for Husky fans.
- Sam Khan Jr. of The Athletic profiles Steve Sarkisian as the new UT head coach. Husky fans who remember Sark might find some evolution in his approach, but the same hard-charging, energetic attitude is still present.
- In the middle of pay-for-play, NIL, CFP changes, a Covid-altered recruiting landscape, and budgets in flux all over the country, Stuart Mandel takes a moment to breath and examine the state of the sport. He speaks to CFB insiders who say this inflection point is a way to reexamine the sport and try to improve.
- For those who like historical pieces as much as I do, Scott Eklund looks back on the top-10 in-state recruits from the class of 2014. It wasn’t the deepest class the state has produced, but with Budda Baker and Kaleb McGary at the top, it’s not too shabby.
It's not often you see a player this late in the process jump from unranked to an 89 ranking -- a single percentage point from four-star status. But that's the case with Banks, for multiple reasons we explore in the story. Will be interesting to see how he develops at UW.— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) June 23, 2021
Honoring 49 years of #TitleIX today by looking back at some of our celebrations of women and girls in sport this past year.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) June 23, 2021
» https://t.co/SbyVlJvTDz#GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/cw8NzYvURM