Ya know, intros suck. So let’s just not do one?
Here’s some dots instead!
- If you have ESPN+, former SB Nation math genius and creator of S&P+ metrics, Bill Connelly, has a preview of the Pac-12 North.
- New commissioner George Kliavkoff met with Pac-12 ADs last week, and they talked to Jon Wilner about what they discussed.
- A friendly neighborhood Canadian has his 2022 early draft big board, which includes a Dawg very early in the list (but a Duck even earlier).
- I’m sure most of you know that Raiders DE Carl Nassib came out yesterday, making him the first openly gay active NFL player (Michael Sam never played in the regular season) — but I didn’t realize until about three minutes ago that the first openly out pro athlete of any of the North American big four sports (albeit after he retired) was a Husky.
Also, I hope I don’t have to say this, but if you’re someone who wants to be an ass in the comments with “Who cares?” or what have you, this is who cares:
if you have the privilege of saying "who cares?" about Carl Nassib's coming out, here's why it matters. sit down. everything isn't about you. pic.twitter.com/TFA9NW7X8S— shauna (@goldengateblond) June 22, 2021
(Everything you do makes some blip of the world better or worse. So howabout do the good thing and not the bad thing? For example, I hope I don’t have to because most of you are cool, but if any homophobic bullcrap appears in the comments, I will do the good thing by deleting you faster than a Strong Bad email.)
Anyhoo, *parched Spongebob voice* no pressure:
Phil Steele’s Top Surprise Teams for 2021:— WestCoastCFB.com (@WestCoastCFB) June 21, 2021
9. Arizona State
Washington was Phil Steele’s #1 Surprise Team in 2016 when they reached the CFP
Feel free to speculate and/or freak out about this:
Husky fans are getting some great news today not recruiting related— Roman Tomashoff (@rtomashoff34) June 22, 2021
L to R: LB Will Latu, WR Jabez Tinae, Sam Huard, LB Makana Haynes, TE Griffin Waiss, OL RJ Wyrsch, OL Owen Prentice, OLB Maurice Heims, OLB Milton Hopkins Jr., S Vince Nunley, WR Giles Jackson, CB Zakhari Spears, CB Dyson McCutcheon, CB Davon Banks, DT Siaosi Finau, QB Tyson Lang https://t.co/CvhZYEVIAl— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) June 21, 2021
By the way, the LEAP program started today and I'm told all of UW's signed freshmen are on campus, as expected. They're also joined by four additional walk-ons: Tyson Lang, Makana Hayes, Milton Hopkins Jr. and Griffin Waiss.— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) June 21, 2021
Collin included this in yesterday’s dots, but it’s so satisfying it felt worthy of showing up in today’s dots too:
Oh LOL, the Supreme Court ruled 9-0 against the NCAA.— Stewart Mandel (@slmandel) June 21, 2021
In a largely polarized and divisive time, no issue has become more bipartisan than dunking on the NCAA.
- Which, if you need a centralized place to explain what’s going on with NIL and where things stand (I do, ya girl can not keep track of this saga), Nicole Auerbach’s got you covered.
Went down the rabbit hole inspired by this tweet to remember the best day of TV, which naturally led to this candidate:
- Which then led to this oral history of the only pitching performance that could make Gabbie Plain’s recent 210 pitches in 5 hours look like a leisurely game of catch.
Do good things, don’t do bad things, and bow down to Washington.