Happy Monday Dawg fans, and welcome to today’s Dots.
- With NIL laws set to take effect in several states on July 1: “The alternate proposal requires less overall guidance and regulation and would be administered by individual schools. If adopted, it would take effect on July 1, 2021. It also more specifically takes aim at boosters. It is sponsored by the SEC, ACC, Pac-12, Sun Belt, SWAC and MAAC.”
The SEC, ACC and Pac-12 are among the conferences sponsoring an alternate NIL proposal: https://t.co/jQaWJ9lyIy— Nicole Auerbach (@NicoleAuerbach) June 21, 2021
- Read this hot-off-the-press opinion from the highest court in the land.
NEW: In a victory for college athletes, SCOTUS unanimously invalidates a portion of the NCAA's "amateurism" rules. The court says the NCAA can no longer bar colleges from providing athletes with education-related benefits such as free laptops or paid post-graduate internships.— SCOTUSblog (@SCOTUSblog) June 21, 2021
Oh LOL, the Supreme Court ruled 9-0 against the NCAA.— Stewart Mandel (@slmandel) June 21, 2021
In a largely polarized and divisive time, no issue has become more bipartisan than dunking on the NCAA.
News from the future:— Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) June 21, 2021
San Jose State secures its third consecutive CFP berth https://t.co/PieyRY426L
Or, um... some school in Seattle maybe?
- Davon Banks could prove to be a gem in the secondary after receiving little recruiting attention. Trevor Mueller from Husky Maven has an interview with Banks on the Fourth and Inches podcast.
- Keeping tabs on JTT’s month of official visits - Ohio State has long been seen as the frontrunner for his services.
Sammamish (Wash.) Eastside Catholic five-star edge J.T. Tuimoloau recapped his much anticipated official visit to Ohio State, his first trip to Columbus https://t.co/taO7do3mcz pic.twitter.com/JLHpdKAglT— Brandon Huffman (@BrandonHuffman) June 21, 2021
- The 2021 DB class learning that it doesn’t REALLY rain all the time up here.
- Husky and Sonics legend Detlef Schrempf being honored.
Congratulations to one of the all-time Husky greats - @Dschrempf - on being inducted to the FIBA Hall of Fame Class of 2021! https://t.co/V60LMAaqBk#HuskyFamily x #TougherTogether pic.twitter.com/cwRi3Bh3LN— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) June 18, 2021
- UWDP contributor extraordinaire and All We Hear is Purple star Gabey Lucas graced our southerly neighbors with a Guest Appearance on the Quack 12 Podcast. And as with any time Gabey is holding a microphone... remember those EF Hutton commercials from the 80’s?
Coming soon: reliving the majesty of 1980’s Rainier Beer and Alaska Airlines commercials.
And when outside, be sure to pack the sunscreen this week Dawg fans.