- The news of the day yesterday was the commitment of CB Davon Banks. 247’s Greg Biggins spoke to Banks who overcame multiple meniscus tears and a delayed senior season to finally get the offer he might have much earlier.
Cool story on a late '21 add, Banks worked out last week at Redlands camp, picked up the offer, committed on the spot, was cleared academically on Tuesday and will fly out this Friday to start summer school classes https://t.co/vxGIZxcuRE— Greg Biggins (@GregBiggins) June 16, 2021
- The wider college football story of the day yesterday was Arizona State’s alleged recruiting violations where it seems that...shall we say the culture did not promote following the rules. Allegations include that Herm Edwards was directly involved in completely ignoring the pandemic dead period and that anyone who dissented was ostracized.
- Speaking of the utterly absurd:
No joke: The new LA Bowl will be named the Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl. It will be held at SoFi Stadium, featuring Mountain West’s No. 1 selection vs. Pac-12’s No. 5 selection. It debuts on Dec. 18— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) June 17, 2021
- The Athletic shows that Washington isn’t the only school having trouble building a fence around their state. The # of top-100 recruits leaving their state has increased by 40% over the last decade.
- This is a hybrid basketball/football dot but dear lord is John Ross’ home basketball court absolute f***ing fire.