Oh, but If I don’t do it somebody else will
If I don’t do it, you know somebody else will
And it’s such a night
Such a night
Sweet confusion under the Dots
- To say that it has been a tough couple of years for UW men’s basketball is an understatement. Often times, that would mean the coach has reached the end of his rope. In Mike Hopkins’s case, he will get at least one more season to turn the program around, and he’s trying to learn from his past shortcomings. Hopkins has already shown a willingness to recruit differently with a Seattle-tinged, seemingly complementary group of transfers entering the program. Time will tell if the changes extend onto the court.
- Speaking of Huskies turning things around on the hardwood, Kelsey Plum scored a career-high 32 points. Plum has struggled through injuries and has not replicated her Montlake magic in the pros, but perhaps she can right the ship in Las Vegas.
- Everybody’s got a price for the million dollar man, and everybody’s got a take on the twelve-team CFP. Husky Maven’s Dan Raley weighs in with a full-throated endorsement of the system and an argument that it will benefit UW significantly over the long term.
- Arizona State suffered about as much as any team from Covid last season and the damage might not be done yet. The NCAA is now investigating whether ASU illegally hosted recruits during the Covid shutdown.
- Unless Shoreline HS relocated to Australia, I’m not sure this announcement is valid:
Little change of plans... GO DAWGS☔️ pic.twitter.com/8qAYZg8UrB— Jack McCallister (@JackMcCalliste6) June 15, 2021
- Inject it into my veins
Compete. Makes mistakes. Learn. Grow. Repeat https://t.co/cSBaidvDdO— Elijah Molden (@e_mold3n) June 15, 2021