Happy Memorial Day, Dawg fans, and welcome to this week’s Monday Dots.
- A funny thing happened on the way to Friday’s softball game...
- The Husky softball team went up against the top-ranked Oklahoma Sooners in a best-of-three weekend series, Mike Vorel reports on a controversial Game 1 that ended when a 7th inning rally fell short.
- Heather Tarr provided her take on the batters box fiasco, after any chance at resolving the suspect chalk lines had left the station.
- Saturday’s game was a lopsided 9-1 loss, as OU’s #1-ranked offense found their swing, in addition to... (do they rotate the umpires in softball? Anyone?) Well, I’ll just leave this here:
I couldn’t tell you where the strike zone is rn— (@ZTF58) May 29, 2021
But better we remember what we have, than that which we do not.
A legacy is something you are creating today, whether you realize it or not. The legacy of this senior class will live forever. Extremely grateful for the extra time we got w/this team. Thank u #HuskyNation for all the . Looking forward applying the lessons learned. ✌️ #HiMom pic.twitter.com/P1aAHj0tP5— Heather Tarr (@CoachTarr) May 30, 2021
- On to the good news of the weekend - where the juggernaut that is UW men’s rowing notched another National Championship on Sunday, grabbing their 19th title overall and eighth since 2007. Death, taxes... UW rowing trophies. Well done, crew.
- Husky women’s crew also came agonizingly close to repeating as champions at the NCAA championships.
The Washington women won titles in the second varsity eights & the fours and took third-place overall via the tie-breaker at NCAAs, after a finishing in a three-way tie for first in the team points total.— Washington Rowing (@UW_Rowing) May 30, 2021
Here is the recap: https://t.co/BDAGyxAAFy#RowingU x #WomenOfWashington
- Husky baseball ended the season with a whimper this weekend, losing to the Cougs 9-1 in Pullman Saturday, and dropping two of three to cap a 6-21 Pac-12 record.
Today's game wrapped up our 2021 season.— Washington Baseball (@UW_Baseball) May 30, 2021
While it wasn't the record we wanted, we were able to honor a great group of seniors and usher in a talented group of freshmen to the Pac-12
Thank You, Dawg Fans, for all your support
: https://t.co/Y9B3zwoEyc#DaWgStrong pic.twitter.com/Zperifl9z7
- And now that we are less than 100 days from Husky Football, with fans in the stadium for the first time in two seasons...
Telling us what we already know, but flattery is always welcome:
Athlon’s Top DB Units in the Country for 2021:— WestCoastCFB.com (@WestCoastCFB) May 30, 2021
8. Arizona State
Really? I will TAKE it:
Athlon’s Top LB Units in the Country for 2021:— WestCoastCFB.com (@WestCoastCFB) May 30, 2021
10. Arizona State
Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger...
Athlon’s Top Offensive Lines in the Country for 2021:— WestCoastCFB.com (@WestCoastCFB) May 30, 2021
1. Ohio State
Most Underrated Teams in the Country from Lindy’s CFB Preview Magazine:— WestCoastCFB.com (@WestCoastCFB) May 30, 2021
“The Huskies would have played for and probably won the PAC-12 Title in Jimmy Lake’s first season except a virus intervened”
Stretch out and wait Dawg fans. September will be here before you know it.
And while we celebrate our athletes that compete on the playing field - please take a moment today to remember those Americans that battled on fields from which there was no return.
Bow down to Washington.