- Former Husky Brandon McKinney announces he’ll be using his final year of eligibility playing for Utah. Starting safety Nate Ritchie for the Utes is going on an LDS mission so Brandon will have a chance to compete for serious playing time.
It appears Brandon McKinney is transferring to Utah. UW does not play the Utes this season. https://t.co/lG6O0fQaZ9— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) May 20, 2021
- Dawgman spoke with new Husky commit Parker Brailsford about what went into his decision to announce for Washington.
- In case you missed it, our own Coach B broke down Brailsford’s game and where he should fit in with the roster over the coming years and within the 2022 recruiting class.
- Husky announcer Tony Castricone went on a Michigan podcast to talk through the game from a UW perspective.
- The Spurs made an inspired comeback but ultimately fell short in the Western Conference 9/10 play-in game and their season is done. Dejounte Murray finished with 10 pts, 13 reb, and 11 ast but was just 4/17 from the floor in a game the Spurs lost by 4 points.
- Justin Holiday and the Indiana Pacers will take on the Washington Wizards tonight for the right to be the #8 seed in the Eastern Conference and play Matisse Thybulle and the 76ers in the 1st round.
Dejounte Murray has his 5th triple-double of the season, the most in a season by a Spurs player since David Robinson in 1993-94. pic.twitter.com/xl3bAU5EJw— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) May 20, 2021
UW Athletics Dots
- The Seattle Times talks to Heather Tarr about Washington’s mindset and how the team is approaching things with the WCWS right around the corner.
- I mean, if someone plays for the 16th overall seed in the women’s college world series can she really be considered for national player of the year? (yes, that’s sarcastic)
With the @pac12 Pitcher of the Year award already under her belt, Gabbie Plain becomes the first Husky since 2010 to be named one of the three finalists for @USASoftball Player of the Year!— Washington Softball (@UWSoftball) May 19, 2021