- It was an extremely disappointing Selection Sunday for the softball team as they ultimately received the #16 overall seed despite most predictions having them no lower than 12th and being ranked 5th in the coaches poll going into this past week. Their reward? Hosting Michigan (along with Seattle and Portland St) for the right to play #1 overall Oklahoma. 6 of the top 9 teams were from the SEC as they were apparently given the benefit of the doubt that the Pac-12 was not.
This was absolutely justifiable. Glad they walked out. Total disrespect from the committee. pic.twitter.com/nYkeu4Y0ON— Aaron Levine (@AaronQ13Fox) May 17, 2021
Only one Pac-12 softball team received a top-8 seed in the NCAA Tournament and UCLA coach Kelly Inouye-Perez went off on the committee pic.twitter.com/Zw0oBeBI6O— Ryan Kelapire (@RKelapire) May 17, 2021
- Before the Selection show debacle a number of Husky women picked up hardware for their play this season.
- Washington rowing absolutely cleaned up this weekend as both the men and the women clinched Pac-12 titles for the 4th straight year. What else is new?
Washington has won its fourth straight Pac-12 Women's Rowing Championship with a win in the V8+ final!— Washington Rowing (@UW_Rowing) May 16, 2021
⏱️ https://t.co/BV9UNVziEC#RowingU x #GoHuskies x #Pac12Row pic.twitter.com/kP2nAzIFgQ
- Catching up from Friday afternoon, Mike Vorel wrote about the financial outlook for the UW athletic department and what it could mean for the long-term outlook if Husky stadium is able to be at full capacity in the fall.
- Despite injuries to ZTF and Laiatu Latu, the Seattle Times writes that optimism still abounds in the outside linebacker room.
- The Athletic continues their State of the Program series with Christian Caple’s write-up on the Huskies’ potential fortunes coming out of spring practices.
- Scott Eklund talked to #1 ranked dual threat QB in the 2023 class Jaden Rashada about his recent Husky offer and some of the things he’s looking for in a school appear to be great fits with the Washington program.
- The latest recruiting blog for Dawgman subscribers talks about the full process of how your average recruit gets discovered and the work that gets done before it resulting in an offer from the Huskies.
A fun graph: School on the left is the main school, and the school on the right is who they recruit against most often. Some fun notes:— Conor "Monospaced Fonts Supporter" McAnalytics (@ConorMcQ5) May 15, 2021
-All of Clemson's "Our Kinda Guys" just so happen to be Bama targets
-LSU is *very* active in Texas
-USC worries more ab Oregon than UCLA pic.twitter.com/9G3tsXsA58