Happy Draft Thursday Husky fans!
Let’s get into the Dots.
- Incase you didn’t see any of the interweb hoopla, today’s the NFL draft. For those who aren’t draftniks, it shouldn’t be a surprise if we see one or two Huskies become Pro Dawgs tonight with Levi Onwuzurike and Elijah Molden headlining our NFL draft class. ICYMI, check out our Draft Profiles Series:
The first of our NFL Draft Previews, we kick off this week with a look at THE (don’t sue us Ohio State) Elijah Molden https://t.co/gBh6RWKQP1— UW Dawg Pound (@UWonSBN) April 20, 2021
NFL Draft Profile: Edge LB Joe Tryon https://t.co/WS2PnA9PIQ— UW Dawg Pound (@UWonSBN) April 20, 2021
- As exhaustive as our profiles are, there are a few other writers out there who do a half-decent job covering our Husky draft prospects (*sarcasm obviously)
Four defensive players Jimmy Lake recruited and developed will almost certainly be drafted this week, and on Saturday, nearly 10,000 fans will descend on Husky Stadium to watch the next wave. (from @mikevorel) https://t.co/0cIe3EC0g5— Seattle Times Sports (@SeaTimesSports) April 29, 2021
Many holes at the cornerback position after Patrick Surtain and Jaycee Horn. NFL draft series, Part 8. ... https://t.co/sitpHnlaBd— Bob McGinn (@BobMcGinn) April 28, 2021
Part 6, NFL draft series (edge rushers): When 18 personnel men were asked who was the best pass rusher in the draft, 13 chose Jaelan Phillips, three chose Gregory Rousseau, one chose Kwity Paye and once chose Joe Tryon. https://t.co/vcCYXCNyoR— Bob McGinn (@BobMcGinn) April 27, 2021
NFL draft series looks at the defensive line in Part 5. There's just not a lot here. https://t.co/LhxACy22KL— Bob McGinn (@BobMcGinn) April 25, 2021
- McGinn of The Athletic in particular did a little stirring of the Twitter pot heading into Draft Day
And if you’ve done any HW on me or my pro day you will know why I didn’t run well. The dust will settle in a couple months https://t.co/UbqmfAWFrA— Elijah Molden (@e_mold3n) April 28, 2021
- Not to get drowned out by the draft circus, we are heading down the stretch for Spring Practices this week, and it sounds like a number of players are going to push to keep competitions open through Fall Camp.
From trick play touchdowns to one-handed catches and leaping interceptions, here are our observations from UW's 13th practice of the spring: https://t.co/rp2APF2Ii7— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) April 28, 2021
- Finally, we have only a matter of days until the Spring Game. It should be an energetic crowd rain or shine, and a legitimate game format will be a nice dose of football in the Spring doldrums.Hopefully I’ll see some of you there.
Per UW, all of the available tickets for Saturday's spring game have been claimed. There's a chance they make more available online on Friday. Capacity will be 9,000.— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) April 28, 2021
Jimmy Lake says yesterday they drafted the purple and gold teams for Saturday's spring game. Purple is led by Cade Otton, and White is led by Jaxson Kirkland. Will be a legitimate game on Saturday with normal scoring.— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) April 28, 2021
- On the recruiting front, it looks like we’ve got some visits tee’d up, and I’m sure recruits are eager to see campus. Tafiti is a guy I’m excited about no matter where he ends up. Hopefully my guy Tim Horn can convince his former teammate to take a long look at UW.
2022 four-star Federal Way (Wash.) Todd Beamer OT Malik Agbo told me he will be at Husky Stadium on Saturday for the Washington spring game.— Lars Hanson (@LarsHanson) April 28, 2021
Busy month of June on tap with official visits to LSU, Miami and Oklahoma https://t.co/8iRvu6M9yS
- Also, another tantilizing in-state target seems close to whittling down his offer sheet
- Also, something else that might interest those of you interested in local HS football and UW recruiting, a buddy of mine pointed some of the growing connections between HI and WA HS football due to transfers this season. One of the local HI sites had a good article about 5 HI kids making an impact for Sammamish HS, who’s HC has ties to both Kahuku HS (HI) and recent UW offer Tausili Akana. A couple of the sophomores, Liona Lefau and Leonard Ah You (Miki’s brother), should be on our radar in the future. It’s good reading and a prime example of how small a world it is once you trace back the Hawaii connection.
Elsewhere Around the Athletic Dept:
The Huskies finish fourth at the #Pac12Golf Championships, best finish since 2017!!! Senior Jan Schneider placed sixth while freshman Teddy Lin tied for eighth!— Washington Men's Golf (@UW_MGolf) April 28, 2021
READ: https://t.co/pS2lfZbJUB pic.twitter.com/zeQRVzJqd1
We're In!!!! Huskies are headed to Columbus, Ohio for the 2021 NCAA Regionals as the No. 14 seed. It is the 13th-straight NCAA Regional appearance for the Dawgs! #ncaaselectionshow @GolfChannel— Washington Women's Golf (@UW_WGolf) April 28, 2021
READ: https://t.co/gEKwY5aDCG pic.twitter.com/Sboi6FZjSj