Happy Monday Husky Fans!
I hope y’all were able to get out and enjoy the best part of Seattle weather this weekend, and I know a number of you were able to take in some Husky sports too. It was a busy weekend for the Dawgs, so let’s dive right in.
To the Dots!
- Week 2 of Spring Practice is in the books, and by the looks of it, there are a number of players that are making “the leap”. ICYMI, our very own Max Vrooman had the scoops from practice, and some other folks had some good notes from practice too.
The tight ends were busy. The pass rush excelled. Here are observations from UW's seventh practice of the spring: https://t.co/NffyKPVtIy— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) April 17, 2021
Takeaways from yesterday’s UW scrimmage, including a rough estimate of QB stats.https://t.co/el6oAsvTPV— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) April 18, 2021
- As Aaron keeps reminding us, recruiting never truly stops, and ICYMI last week, the staff put out an offer to 2023 Caleb Presley (DB, 6-0, 170) out of Eastside Catholic this past week. Presley is a prototypically-built, silky smooth athlete with instincts & an edge that will certainly attract blue blood offers, and he could be the next Trent McDuffie-type instant impact player. His offer brings our count up to 4 in-state offers for the 2023 recruiting class.
Beyond Thankful to have received my 12th offer from the University of Washington #Hometown☔️ @tfordfsp1 @CoachWillHarris @BrandonHuffman @ScottEklund @gofordsports @UW_Football @RyanClaryFSP @CoachTFord pic.twitter.com/Hk5rvH85Co— Caleb Presley¹⁸ ✌ (@CalebPresley5) April 14, 2021
- On the topic of in-state recruiting, Mike Martin had a great piece this weekend on how Myles Gaskin’s storied career left a lasting impression on a number of talented running backs that UW is now pursuing on the recruiting trail.
@MylesGAS is the gift that keeps on giving. Some of the nation's best RBs are here in Western Wa over the next few years. Here's my story of @jayden_limar @IsaiahCarlson4 @DjouvenskyS and @Jasonbrown2024. They all grew up watching the @UW_Football legend. https://t.co/ZQsR0PGAcz— Mike Martin (@HowlinHusky) April 18, 2021
- One of the RBs that Mike featured was Jason Brown a RB out of O’Dea in the 2024 class, who already holds a UW offer. Brown this past weekend led O’Dea to a Metro League Championship with 247 yards and 3 TDs. This is a guy that can ball.
- Big time congrats to the Volleyball team for advancing to the Elite Eight in a thrilling comeback victory over #11 Louisville.
Boga’s Houdini Act: the lone departing senior for #6 @UWVolleyball refuses to let her career end, powering a huge rally as the Huskies escape three separate six-point deficits to stun #11 Louisville for a spot in the Elite Eight https://t.co/3wN6zIR7kX pic.twitter.com/0YvNkn9KXh— UW Dawg Pound (@UWonSBN) April 19, 2021
- The Softball team wrapped up a 4-game series against the #4 Quacks from down south with a 3-1 record. Our Dawgs now stand at 34-6 on the season, and star pitcher Gabbie Plain is now a remarkable 23-0 on the season.
tfw you watch Gabbie Plain crush mfers w/o fail for 4 years & then Coach Tarr drops this bomb pic.twitter.com/QEScHYzPHB— UW Dawg Pound (@UWonSBN) April 19, 2021
- The Basketball team got a shot in the arm over the weekend with a pair of commitments. Emmitt Matthews Jr. is a 6-7 SF who’s from Tacoma and arrives on Montlake via West Virginia.
“Think I walk on water but I never let them bridges burn” pic.twitter.com/YFY1Hu6ZyC— Emmitt Matthews Jr. (@THEDOOSKIE) April 18, 2021
- The other commitment we landed this weekend is from Tyler Linhardt out of King’s HS. Linhardt is listed on 247 as a PF, but at 6-7 he could occupy either of the Forward positions.
Elsewhere Around the Athletic Dept:
DAWGS WIN!! BREAK OUT THE BROOMS!!— Washington Baseball (@UW_Baseball) April 18, 2021
A huge start by Adam Bloebaum and a lock
down effort from the bullpen lead us to a three-game sweep over Texas State!
Make that 5⃣ wins in a row for the Huskies!#DaWgStrong /// #GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/mR5vm82qDy
Washington's V4+ has won its race vs. Santa Clara to wrap up today's nine races, all Husky wins.— Washington Rowing (@UW_Rowing) April 17, 2021
Next up for UW is the women at Dexter Lake Invitational next Sat., then May 1, the men and women take on Cal at the Windermere Cup.#RowingU x #GoHuskies x #rowing pic.twitter.com/6yxz3U6ghZ