- After a closed doors fall session it appears that the media will be allowed to attend spring practices which means a steady stream of Husky football content coming your way starting next week. Huzzah!
Good news — save for one practice the final week, UW spring practices will be open to the press in their entirety.— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) March 31, 2021
- 247 Sports updated their class of 2023 rankings and there are 6 players from the state of Washington in their top-247 as it appears to be yet another loaded in-state class.
- Scott Eklund talked with 2023 TE prospect Cooper Flanagan who recently received a UW offer about his recruitment.
- ESPN’s Todd McShay has 3 Huskies all going in the 2nd round in his latest mock draft.
- Who among us can’t use any excuse to appreciate Jesse Sosesbee’s style?
Jesse Sosebee— Random College Athletes (@RandomAthletess) March 31, 2021
Washington, Offensive Line 2013-2018 pic.twitter.com/eaavsyGKDC
- MORE TIGHT ENDS...MOOOOOORE!!!!
Super blessed and excited to announce that after a great talk with @CoachLakeUDUB @CoachCato1 I have received a HUGE offer from the University of Washington!! #PurpleReign x #BowDown pic.twitter.com/QjXrZ1yLg3— Walker Lyons (@walkerly0ns) March 31, 2021
- Jaden McDaniels had another stellar outing for Minnesota last night with 18 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 assists in a start during a rare win for the Wolves.
Finch on McDaniels: "I can't remember a 19-year-old defender coming in and having this type of impact."— Jon Krawczynski (@JonKrawczynski) April 1, 2021
- Several news items in the college basketball coaching carousel as Oregon is losing their top assistant coach. Could Dana Altman to Texas be next? (Probably not)
Sources: DePaul has agreed in principle to hire Oregon's Tony Stubblefield as its next head basketball coach. Deal is for five years.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) April 1, 2021
- And in a cruel twist of fate, Roy Williams announced he was retiring as the had coach of North Carolina on the morning of April Fool’s Day leading to many a confused tweet about the reality of the announcement.
This is not an April Fool’s Joke. Roy, I’m told. Roy Williams is retiring. https://t.co/pEts7utXqf— Matt Norlander (@MattNorlander) April 1, 2021
Washington Athletics Dots
- The Seattle Times has a primer on all the other UW sports and how they’re faring during this spring season for those catching up as basketball season draws to a close.