I love the colorful Dots she wears
And the way the sunlight plays upon her Dots
I hear the sound of a gentle word
On the wind that lifts her Dots through the air
- Washington hosted a Pro Day for draft-eligible players on Tuesday. The novelty of media present at the Dempsey Center turned it into a sort of spectator sport of its own. Joe Tryon was the stand-out performer and might have helped edge himself into the first round of the NFL Draft. Elijah Molden and Keith Taylor raised some questions about their straight-line speed. Jimmy Lake sees it as another step toward UW gaining a reputation that matches its NFL production.
- Christian Caple looked at Pro Day from another angle- it was a long-awaited opportunity for Kevin Thomson to throw passes for UW. It was a dream of Thomson’s, ever since he grew up watching Gil Dobie’s Husky teams.
- A hectic couple of years continued for Ayden Hector. The Seattle-area product and one-time Husky target entered the transfer portal from WSU. Hector was involved in serious allegations of sexual misconduct in high school and was recently suspended from the Coug team for a minor in possession charge, as well.
- Husky basketball has been out of the picture for a while, but the West Coast is still well-represented in the Final Four. Gonzaga continued its dominant run with a blowout of USC. Meanwhile, UCLA brought the Pac-12 back to the Final Four with a dramatic- if not always aesthetically pleasing- upset of Michigan.
- Josh Conerly is a local HS offensive lineman and one of the top 100 prospects in the country. UW would love to add him to next year’s recruiting class. Brandon Huffman breaks down the field of competitors for the Rainier Beach big man.
- When Justices Kavanaugh and Thomas think you’re behind the times, well, that might not be the best sign for the NCAA’s case.
Justice Kavanaugh: “It does seem…the schools are conspiring with competitors...to pay no salaries to the workers who are making the schools billions of dollars on the theory that consumers want the schools to pay their workers nothing. And that just seems entirely circular.”— Dan Wetzel (@DanWetzel) March 31, 2021
Justice Thomas (!) asks whether there is an effort to limit compensation for coaches similar to the effort to limit compensation on athletes in the name of amateurism.— Gabe Feldman (@SportsLawGuy) March 31, 2021
- A top-two worst Utah coordinator off-season scandal of the 2020s:
I watched the first episode of this show, saw that the University of Utah's special teams coordinator lived in A MASSIVE, SPRAWLING SKI CHALET, and immediately googled "college special teams coordinator salary", "Utah football assistant coach salaries" etc.— Rodger Sherman (@rodger) March 30, 2021
5 months later... https://t.co/s9sKrsov64
Arizona four-star DB Cole Martin spent a lot of time running around Husky Stadium when he was little and his dad was the Huskies DB coach... https://t.co/VnDDHJpjRk— Brandon Huffman (@BrandonHuffman) March 31, 2021
Heather Tarr starred on the @UWSoftball team in the 1990s. Now, she is head coach of the program, and through her leadership, has become the winningest coach of any sport in @UW history. WATCH: https://t.co/L9WMI2yqOX@UWAthletics #WomensHistoryMonth #WomensHistoryMonth2021 pic.twitter.com/H3nyxNauZB— Seattle Channel (@SeattleChannel) March 30, 2021