Happy Monday Husky fans. While we weren’t glued to the TV watching our Dawgs in the thick of March Madness, there was plenty of other happenings in the Dawg Pound world.
- The Softball team opened their Pac-12 with a 2-0 sweep of #7 Arizona. Sunday’s final game in the scheduled 3-game series was rained out
- Up next, our Huskies will head down to Tempe for a 4-game series versus Arizona State
- With our team’s season over, Max continues his Season Report Card Series taking a look at Bey, Stevenson, Battle, Brooks & Pryor
- Our Huskies might not have gotten the invitation to the dance, but that doesn’t mean we can’t cheer for a (select) few of our conference compatriots. Time to get in on 4/5 of good ol’ Bill Walton’s Final Four picks.
Bill Walton’s Final Four: USC, Colorado, Oregon State, Oregon (despite being in USC’s region), UCLA (despite that you can only have 4 teams in the final four).— Dave Pasch (@DavePasch) March 14, 2021
- Luckily for Bill, THE Oregon State University has caught fire since the Pac-12 Tournament and is looking like a Cinderella this year.
After being picked to finish last in the Pac-12, Oregon State is moving on to their first Sweet 16 since 1982 pic.twitter.com/9pKSQ4aOHE— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) March 22, 2021
- Future Dawg Sam Huard continues to chase history tearing up Decatur this past weekend
Kennedy Catholic quarterback Sam Huard is on the cusp of state history after throwing for 400-plus yards again this week in a win over Decatur. https://t.co/Hosnc1sI8z— Lauren Smith (@smithlm12) March 20, 2021
Sam Huard not just a pocket passer... pic.twitter.com/bdqwDQ6nLE— Lars Hanson (@LarsHanson) March 20, 2021
- Caple of The Athletic ($) had a great feature on one of the less heralded additions to our 2021 class, Caleb Berry. There certainly seems to be potential that flew under the radar for our staff to develop.
Washington 2021 RB signee Caleb Berry had his senior season at Lufkin High cut short by a broken leg, but he's looking forward to a fresh start at UW later this month.https://t.co/RL8hWaXiqn— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) March 18, 2021
- Recent UW offer, DL Hero Kanu out of Santa Margarita HS, CA, looks like an absolute stud despite recently picking up the sport. I’m keeping an eye on his development.
Elsewhere Around the Athletic Dept:
- Women’s Tennis picked up a sweep of the Portland Pilots
- The Men’s Soccer team won an exhilarating 1-0 win over #2 Stanford at the 85’ mark to move into a tie for first place
- Women’s Soccer also snagged a win this weekend at the last second over WSU in the Apple Cup series
A legendary win in the @BoeingWA Apple Cup Series as UW's Karlee Stueckle scores with just 18 seconds to go, breaking a 1-1 tie to hand WSU its first loss of the year.— Washington Women's Soccer (@UW_WSoccer) March 20, 2021
UW 2#GoHuskies x #BoeingAppleCup pic.twitter.com/jnHJSLRkUs