- UW commits Sam Huard & Jabez Tinae opened up their senior season with a dominant 49-14 Kennedy Catholic victory over Tahoma
- As expected, Huard dominated the game with some eye-popping stats, finishing with 7 TDs and nearly 500 yards in just over 3 QTRs of play
The nation’s No. 1 pro-style QB Sam Huard did all of this in the first half!— MaxPreps (@MaxPreps) March 13, 2021
Not bad for the season opener! pic.twitter.com/D1RRDrkWlz
- Even more exciting for Husky fans, it’s looking like the future QB-WR connection is looking stronger than ever
Husky 5⭐️ QB Sam Huard had 7 TD passes tonight including this dime to Jabez Tinae, a 4⭐️ WR heading to Washington.— WestCoastCFB (@WestCoastCFB) March 13, 2021
The future is bright for the Huskies
- The addition of Tinae will provide added depth of talent to the WR room that’s been depleted recently. Vorel from the Seattle Times had further analysis over the weekend.
With Puka Nacua, Ty Jones and Jordan Chin all transferring this offseason, UW head coach Jimmy Lake will have to hope talent trumps experience in his wide receiver room.— Seattle Times Sports (@SeaTimesSports) March 12, 2021
Analysis from @mikevorel: https://t.co/XRtEADvcdV
- Finally, workouts continue with spring football just around the corner
- Our Max Vrooman got the shout out from Matt Calkins at the Seattle Times this weekend (Make of that what you will)
- Here’s the link to the original post from Max
- There might not be a lot of Husky basketball to cheer for, but you can always have something to cheer for if you join the UWDP Office Pool for March Madness
Elsewhere Around the Athletic Dept:
- Our #8 softball team returned home for the Husky Classic and their last opportunity to hit their stride before conference play begins against Arizona this week.
- Not to be outdone, the Husky Baseball team also racked up the wins over cross-town rivals Seattle U over the weekend
DAWGS WIN! Break out the brooms!— Washington Baseball (@UW_Baseball) March 14, 2021
That's a three-game sweep over Seattle U and four wins in a row for the Huskies!
⚾️ Will Simpson and Dalton Chandler go deep
⚾️ Stefan Raeth earns the win
⚾️ Dylan Lamb gets the save#DaWgStrong /// #GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/6asEk1YRKG
- The Beach Volleyball season opened over the weekend at the Corban Pairs Tourney, where a new school career record was set by Shayne McPherson
— Washington Beach Volleyball (@UW_BeachVB) March 15, 2021
Shayne McPherson and Chloe Loreen won the Corban Pairs Tourney today, giving Shayne 4⃣9⃣ career wins for the most in program history!
Recap: https://t.co/JAyW6icdSD#PointHuskies pic.twitter.com/YizPxfo33o
- In Soccer, both the Men’s and Women’s teams took down California conference rivals over the weekend
- Finally, the #8 Volleyball team had a clean sweep of USC over the weekend to close out a strong weekend for the Huskies
- It’s good to know the OL & TE coaches like beef on the line of scrimmage AND on the #BigGreenEgg