- The Men’s Basketball team couldn’t quite seal the deal against Arizona in the regular season finale. Despite holding a late lead on the backs of 5 different double digit scorers, we couldn’t match up against the Wildcat bigs. Our Huskies can now look ahead to the Pac-12 Tournament where they are the #10 seed.
came down to the final seconds pic.twitter.com/swvgWIxtog— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) February 27, 2021
- This weekend’s regular season finale didn’t go much better for the Women’s Basketball team in a tough loss to the Cuogs
- Our Softball Team put in some good work on their trip down to San Diego going a combined 4-1 against SDSU and USD. Sitting at 13-2, our Huskies will head down to my corner of paradise for a 3-game series against Hawaii ahead of the Husky Classic in a couple of weeks.
UW sweeps a doubleheader from USD with a 12-0 win. Gabbie Plain (1 H, 7 K) faced the mininum over 5.0 for the win. Morganne Flores (3-for-4, 3 RBI) and Kaija Gibson (3-for-4, 2 RBI) among the many offensive contributors.#MightyAreTheWomen pic.twitter.com/AzsuUq8xdL— Washington Softball (@UWSoftball) February 28, 2021
UW gets a stellar first career start from freshman Sarah Willis, who no-hit USD through the first 5.1 IP, and clutch, run-scoring hits from Lilly Agan, Sis Bates, and Madison Huskey to beat the Toreros, 5-0, in game one today.— Washington Softball (@UWSoftball) February 28, 2021
Game two coming up soon!#MightyAreTheWomen pic.twitter.com/kbhAa1CnrK
Back in action tomorrow at 1:00 pm. pic.twitter.com/lYUp4F8lZ5— Washington Softball (@UWSoftball) February 27, 2021
In game one of today's doubleheader, UW wins, 6-1, vs. SDSU. Gabbie Plain improves to 5-0 and fans 12. Baylee Klingler (3 RBI) and SilentRain Espinoza each with 3 hits, while Sis Bates goes 2-for-2 with 2 RBI. Game 2 coming up in about 30 minutes! #MightyAreTheWomen pic.twitter.com/cNpCf0CBkW— Washington Softball (@UWSoftball) February 27, 2021
- For those that keep a close eye on recruiting, this weekend wasn’t a lot of fun. As Aaron recap’d, Coach Lake & the staff lost the commitments of 3* ATH Anthony Jones & 3* DT Sir Mells over the weekend. While neither were considered highly sought after recruits when we received their commitment, both have gotten the attention of larger programs as of late. It sounds as though we are still in the mix for both, but lacking other news, there’s not much for Dawg fans to be optimistic about.
Mells confirms to me that he has indeed de-committed from UW. https://t.co/GSCvwCdGzF— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) February 27, 2021
- While not necessarily “news”, 4* DL Nate Burrell out of St. John Bosco in CA has reiterated that UW is at the top of his list of schools that he’s excited to visit once the recruiting dead period ends. Burrell has been considered a strong UW-lean, and his reaffirmation of interest despite recent staff changes should be considered a win.
With an edge defender decommitting this pas week, where do the Huskies turn? A place where they've had great success: St. John Bosco, where 4 current Huskies are from.— Mike Martin (@HowlinHusky) February 28, 2021
Here's a look at the recruitment of @NateBurrell_ from @StJohnBoscoHS.https://t.co/sp437JJc7n
- Also in the “news, but not new news” category, 3* DB Myles Pollard breaks down his recently announced top 6. Washington, as the only west coast school on his list, might not be considered a favorite, but our reputation for developing DBs seems to be making a strong impression on the Tennessee native.
- Our #9 Volleyball team made a statement this weekend with a weekend sweep of conference foe #7 Utah