It’s Monday Dawg fans, and welcome to today’s Dots.
- An appalling offensive display against the nothing-special Duck defense was Jon Donovan’s last as Husky OC. (Both links, Vorel) Jimmy Lake’s unhinged sideline outburst against Ruperake Fuavai surely did him no favors in the eyes of the UW Athletic Dept. For now, we’re left to draw our own conclusions as to who gave the real order to ax Donovan.
Jimmy Lake pops Ruperake Fuavai in the helmet and shoves him for getting into it with Jaylon Redd on the sideline pic.twitter.com/7AdSuugGe3— Ralph Amsden (@ralphamsden) November 7, 2021
- Christian Caple asks the same question we all are: “Will Jimmy Lake get a second chance to make the right offensive coordinator hire?”
- Husky Maven: “Lake Puts His Career on the Line With Emotional Outburst“
As of 8 am PT, Jimmy Lake's 11:30 am press conference is still on as scheduled.— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) November 8, 2021
The Huskies-minus-Donovan are going to have to fix an offense that, if you take away the one, long TD drive (essentially the Dawgs’ only TD drive of the entire game) gained 11 yards in the 2nd half. That becomes 1 yard when you factor in the punt-snap-safety. Ignoring Carson Bruener’s INT that put the ball on the Oregon 6-yd line, the Huskies started each half with three consecutive three-and-out’s. Does that sound like a team that makes halftime adjustments? Will this change under Junior Adams? We’re about to find out...
Now that Donovan’s gone, can we talk about a defense that seems just as unwilling to mix up its schemes as Donovan’s offense was?
EMERGENCY POD (30m): @KimGrinolds, @ScottEklund, and I break down what the Sunday sacking of @CoachDonovanUW means for @UW_Football, and what will UW do with @CoachLakeUDUB going forward? @Dawgman247 #GoHuskies #GoDawgs #woof https://t.co/RqgPbFrb86— *Chris Fetters (@Chris_Fetters) November 8, 2021
Brock Huard on 710 ESPN regarding Jimmy Lake: "...That I think is the most damning. Your story is not being bought."— Lars Hanson (@LarsHanson) November 8, 2021
Regarding UW not recruiting well on top of the on-field result
- I’ll be so bold to say that nary a Husky fan is bemoaning yesterday’s dismissal of Jon Donovan. The subject of whether or not to keep Jimmy Lake is perhaps more divisive, although those who’ve wanted Jimmy Lake fired since week 1 have been yelling the loudest - as is always the case.
Which phrase best describes your current attitude towards Jimmy Lake?
This poll is closed
Donovan was the real problem. Jimmy deserves another year to turn things around.
I supported Jimmy until his words and actions this week. He needs to go!
Jimmy Lake should’ve been fired following the loss to Montana!
Jimmy Lake should’ve been fired the moment Jon Donovan was made OC!
Jimmy Lake should’ve been fired the moment Jimmy Lake was made HC!
- How can you not love this guy?
- “Husky Offensive Firepower”... such an unfamiliar phrase lately...
UW's men and women claimed top honors at Head of the Lake Sunday. The men won the Collegiate/Open Men's 8+ and the women finished first and second in the Championship Women's 8+.— Washington Rowing (@UW_Rowing) November 7, 2021
Details: https://t.co/wdUrRXuIMy#RowingU x #RowTownUSA x #BoysInTheBoat x #WomenOfWashington pic.twitter.com/QRVdtpbQt3