What I feel
I can’t say
But my love is there for you anytime of day
But if it’s not love
That you needT
hen I’ll try my best to make everything Dots
- Jimmy Lake’s grammatical flub made headlines when he referred to UW’s “academically prowess.” His larger point was that UW does not compete with Oregon for recruits because they aren’t comparable schools. Mike Vorel digs into the numbers and shows that Lake’s assessment is not correct.
- The Athletic’s Christian Caple had a similar approach and he concluded that Oregon isn’t just a recruiting rival for UW, they’re likely the primary one. I suspect Lake knows this fact as well as anyone and was simply trying to twist the knife on a rival.
- The first batch of CFP rankings came out last night and Oregon checked in at a surprising #4. Before you get too excited, remember that these rankings have no impact on anything whatsoever and the committee almost certainly makes intentionally bad rankings early to generate headlines and debate. We wouldn’t be so gullible as to take the bait and post about it here, would we? Crap.
- Jon Wilner’s Pac-12 Power Rankings have Oregon and the top. A win over a team near the bottom didn’t do much for UW’s standing, but our cross-state rival continues to climb, all the way up to #3 in Wilner’s list.
- Possible Husky MVP and honorary Australian Race Porter was nominated for the Burlsworth Trophy. I’ll admit that I’ve never heard of this award before, but it’s for the best player who began his career as a walk-on. With Ulofoshio and Bowman injured, I’m glad UW still had a worthy nominee.
All We Hear Is Purple: "The Academically Prowess Show" https://t.co/qd6e6SbV0Y— UW Dawg Pound (@UWonSBN) November 3, 2021
Ecstatic to officially welcome @UW_Football to the Monarc family!— Monarc (@MonarcSport) November 2, 2021
Big thanks to coach @junioradams13 , @Coach_Knotts & the staff for helping make it happen, excited to continue helping the #Huskies practice better than ever. #PurpleReign #BowDown #UW #Washington #PAC12 #CFP pic.twitter.com/m4RqQlzN37
The more tape I watch of @UW_MBB’s latest recruit Keyon Menifield, the more I think the Dawgs may have found a gem. Slippery, unpredictable, quick and changes speeds on the fly. Easy manner, you can see the game moves slowly for him. He’ll be fun to watch https://t.co/a2I7l0do14— Aaron Beach (@aaronwbeach) November 3, 2021