It’s been a long
A long time coming
But I know Dots gonna come
Oh, yes they will
- In the midst of UW’s bye week, it’s a good time to take stock of where the program sits. Mike Vorel takes a look at the offense to separate the wheat from the chaff. Unfortunately, Vorel finds a whole lot of chaff. While different facets of the offense have looked promising at times, there’s no single element that has been consistently strong.
- Jon Wilner ranks the Pac-12 and flags the UW-OSU game as one that featured two teams headed in opposite directions. Wilner’s analysis applies to the 2021 season, but it probably holds just as strong for a discussion of the programs’ trajectories at the moment.
- For more on the state of the program, Gabey and I talked at length about whether UW is set up for long-term success on the most recent All We Hear Is Purple. To make a long story short, Jimmy Lake has shown a capacity to improve as a coach in the past, but first he’s going to have to admit what isn’t working and correct it.
- In potentially happier news, UW basketball made the final three for highly-rated California wing Chris Bunch. The rest of the top three is Rutgers and Syracuse, so UW at least has a regional advantage.
- The men’s golf team had about as strong of a showing as possible at the Fighting Irish Classic. The Dawgs won the team title and RJ Manke won the individual title at the tournament.
"It lets me reflect back to appreciate the sacrifices my parents made to build their whole lives." - @johnny_tincher (@UW_Baseball)— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) October 5, 2021
Learn more about celebrating & honoring #LatinxHeritageMonth at https://t.co/rDm2dNFzpY#GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/MDoZ8SvkLs
Some truly good news: