Well, dark clouds are rollin’ in
Man, I’m standin’ out in the rain
Yeah, flood water keep a rollin’
Man, it’s about to drive poor Dots insane
- Alex Cook’s scary injury almost derailed the entire UW-Arizona game last week. Fortunately, Cook did not suffer an injury nearly as serious as it originally looked. Nonetheless, the immediate reaction was terror for Cook’s teammates and family. Mike Vorel interviewed Cook’s father to learn about the experience helpless experience of waiting to see if your son will be able to move.
- Following Tim Horn’s transfer, Peyton Henry took over all kicking duties. Dawgman talked to the lefty to get his perspective on the expanded role. I have been impressed with the bigger leg Henry has shown on kickoffs since retaking that job.
- Dawgman also profiles the highest-rated recruits on Stanford’s roster. For a team known for its trench warfare, there are more skill position players than you might expect.
- Kyle Bonagura wrote what might go down as the definitive Nick Rolovich story for ESPN. He has lots of new details about what led to the coach’s firing and some surprising information about the surge in donations following the dismissal.
- In more optimistic days, Husky fans thought we might be catching blue-blood Michigan in a down year. Instead, the Wolverines walloped the Dawgs and have surged into the top 10. Tom VanHaaren of ESPN goes in depth on what spurred Michigan’s turnaround (it wasn’t just our run defense).
- The Tacoma News Tribune has updates from Jimmy Lake’s latest press conference, including more details on the season-ending injuries for Richard Newton and Eddie Ulofoshio.
After a great talk with @CoachGregoryUW Im excited to have been offered by the University of Washington! @bangulo @Josh_Montzingo @ParkCityFtbl @UW_Football @AlphaRecruits15 pic.twitter.com/eH8CeGLx2H— Carson “Tabo” Tabaracci (@CarsonTabaracci) October 27, 2021