Well the preacher and the teacher
Lord, they’re a caution
They are the talk of the town
When the gossip gets to flyin’ and they ain’t lyin’
When the sun goes under Dots
- Christian Caple takes a long look at everything that has changed for the 2021 Huskies since the dominant opening drive against Montana to start the year. He rightly places blame on both the problematic offensive scheme and individual underachievement at many key positions. To put it another way, the breakout player Caple highlights is the punter. It has been that type of year.
- For the Seattle Times, Mike Vorel explores the adversity Rome Odunze has overcome. Odunze has been one of the rare bright spots in the UW offense going all the way back to 2020. The challenge is getting him the ball often enough to have a major impact and still being able to run into unblocked DTs 25 times a game.
- Without diving back into how we got here, Bruce Feldman makes an early list of possible candidates for the next HC at WSU. There are some familiar names to UW fans, including one long-time Husky coach.
- Conference alignments keep shifting. With Houston, UCF, and Cincinnati out of the AAC for the Big 12, the AAC has added six new teams, spanning the south, from Texas to Florida.
- Gohuskies has extended coverage and previews for the Arizona game on Friday night.
Rams safety Taylor Rapp has been named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week after he intercepted two passes and had three passes defended in a 38-11 route of the New York Giants last Sunday. This is Rapp's first time winning the award.— Lindsey Thiry (@LindseyThiry) October 20, 2021
All We Hear Is Purple: Many, Many, Many Band-aids https://t.co/1rKT6ACc5d— UW Dawg Pound (@UWonSBN) October 20, 2021
Blessed To Receive an Offer From University of Washington pic.twitter.com/6dnDcTb8J0— zahh (@ZFrazier19) October 20, 2021