- Jimmy Lake had his Monday morning press conference yesterday and as is tradition avoided basically any statement that could be construed as a criticism of the players while sticking mostly to coach speak. The full video is below.
- In a very unfortunate situation that everyone saw coming for months, Nick Rolovich was fired for cause yesterday by Washington State after he chose not to be vaccinated in defiance of the state mandate (as were several of his assistant coaches). Defensive coordinator Jeff Dickert takes over as interim head coach. Rolovich becomes the 1st WSU head coach to never lose an Apple Cup (0-0) since the 1910’s.
- Bruce Feldman talks about some of the likely candidates that Washington State will look at after the season.
- Washington has unfortunately made itself a comfy home in 9th place in Jon Wilner’s Pac-12 Power Rankings.
- Another late kick at Stanford on FS1. Get ready for truck races through the 1st quarter. yay.
- Some not good news for Washington’s opponent this week for a team already steeped in bad news.
UW's opponent on Friday down to their 3rd string QB. Plummer's stats over the last 2 years: 52.3% comp pct, 5.1 YPA, 2 TDs and 6 INTs on 151 attempts. https://t.co/zcNEShA1SR— UW Dawg Pound (@UWonSBN) October 18, 2021
Blessed to receive an offer to the University of Washington pic.twitter.com/MfSGoldGsX— zeke berry (@BerryZeke) October 19, 2021
- 4-star recruiting target Chris Bunch is set to make his college decision on Thursday and will be deciding between Syracuse, Rutgers, and Washington. A Utah player listing his commitment time in EST when picking between UW and 2 east coast schools though isn’t a great sign.
I’ll be committing October 21st at 5pm est— Nervana “BABY DRACO” (@_chrisbunch) October 18, 2021
- I think Washington finishes better than last (high bar I know) but both my model and KenPom’s have them narrowly projected to be 12th to start the year.
Initial KenPom rankings came out over the weekend. Washington projected 102nd and last in the Pac-12, 1 spot behind Cal.— Max Vrooman (@UWDP_maxvroom) October 18, 2021
- For those that haven’t been paying attention, incoming JUCO transfer Langston Wilson can jump.
Sources: The Minnesota Timberwolves have picked up third-year rookie scale options on Anthony Edwards and Jaden McDaniels. Rookie option deadline is Nov. 1; Minnesota takes care of their two 2020 first-rounders (Edwards No. 1, McDaniels No. 28) before the season begins.— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) October 18, 2021