- Mike Vorel asks whether UW is going to be able to get the ball to their young talented receiving corps starting with the game against UCLA on Saturday.
- Jon Wilner provides his picks for this weekend and picks Washington almost solely off the basis that UCLA is in the dreaded spot of playing a back-to-back road game against an opponent coming off a bye (aka the UW against Oregon).
- Washington gave out an offer yesterday to 3-star edge rusher Devan Thompkins out of California and Scott Eklund talked to him about how it will affect his recruitment. Thompkins focused primarily on basketball until this year so he’s a fairly raw prospect but with good size.
- Also a new offer out to an edge rusher from the class of 2024 with an appropriate last name.
After a great conversation with @MalloeMalloe. I am blessed to say that I have received an offer from the University of Washington! Thank you to the coaching for believing in me. @CoachEricRogers @bangulo @JordyHamm @BrandonHuffman @PrepRedzoneAZ @SOAZFootball @AllSportsTucson pic.twitter.com/ifo58myEMr— Elijah Rushing (@elijah_rushing) October 13, 2021
So listen: @dannyoneil and I are starting a UW football podcast. It doesn't have a name yet. Suggestions are welcome. It's also hosted on SoundCloud. But I am very excited to share Episode 1 with you and see where it takes us.https://t.co/oix1jFGFvF— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) October 13, 2021
I asked Ikaika Malloe if Zion Tupuola-Fetui is going to play on Saturday. He said he doesn't know the answer.— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) October 13, 2021
- Yesterday was Pac-12 men’s basketball media day and Mike Hopkins spoke at length to the public for the first time about the challenges the team had last year and this new squad.
- Dawgman has the audio from Mike Hopkins, Nate Roberts, and Jamal Bey speaking.
- Given Washington’s new roster and last year’s poor results it wasn’t a surprise that they were picked 11th in the Pac-12 media poll. For those looking for hope, Oregon State was picked to finish last a year ago and ended up in the Elite 8 after winning the Pac-12 tournament.