- UW Men’s Basketball picked up their third win of the season in a thrilling 83-79 shootout with Utah
- The second straight win coincides with another career game from one of the Husky guards, this time, Jamal Bey
- In addition to our second straight win, the Utah game marks our second straight 80-point game, and the 5th 70-point game in the last 6. Our continued offensive hot streak and added production from members of our backcourt could be a sign of changing fortunes for the rest of the season. Max has this and more covered in his full recap of the game.
- Vita Vea and Jaydon Mickens’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers are Super Bowl bound after their NFC championship victory over Kevin King’s Green Bay Packers. Vea, who was recently activated off of IR, got his first taste of playoff football, and Mickens had a career day with 131 all-purpose yards as the Tampa Bay return man
- The college football offseason continues with the Seattle Times’ look at the winners and losers of the NFL draft early entry deadline. UW comes out no worse than “as expected” when it comes to early departures, and some would argue that we were one of the biggest winners in the conference with several NFl-caliber and eligible starters returning
The Huskies are well stocked on both sides of the ball for ’21. Here's a look at the rest of the Pac-12's winners and losers from the NFL draft early entry deadline. https://t.co/EkSlEThEOO— Seattle Times Sports (@SeaTimesSports) January 23, 2021
- In the on-going search to replace Coach Pete Kwiatkowski, Jeff Choate, former UW DL coach and Montana St. HC, is now out of the running. In a somewhat surprising move, Feldman of The Athletic ($) reports that Choate will join Coach K at Texas as their new Co-DC and ILBs coach.
SOURCE: MontanaState head coach Jeff Choate is leaving to go to #Texas as co-defensive coordinator and ILBs coach. Choate did a terrific job elevating the Bobcats program in his four seasons there. They went 11-4 last year and were No. 4 in the country: https://t.co/40zxLeZzxe— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) January 23, 2021
- On the conference front, the Seattle Times takes a look back at the Scott Era of the conference. Among the hits & misses is my favorite what-if, one that seems especially relevant these days, the Texas-led Pac-16.
As Pac-12 commissioner, Larry Scott has been the face of the conference since 2009, through good times and bad. Here's a look at his greatest hits and biggest misses. https://t.co/9Mw6hZ5ex9— Seattle Times Sports (@SeaTimesSports) January 22, 2021
- Recruiting season rolls onward as the 2023 recruiting cycle heats up with offers going out to a number of prospects from across the country:
- Mac Markway (TE/DE, 6-4, 250)
- Nayati Hendrix (DB, 5-11, 170)
I am extremely blessed to receive a D1 offer from Washington university ⚪️ Thank you to my family for supporting and believing me and Thanks @CoachWillHarris @CoachTroop3 @UW @RyanWrightRNG @RyanBartow @adamgorney @GregBiggins @BrandonHuffman @premiumsportsla pic.twitter.com/ujGmBNbHLO— Nayati Hendrix (@askboutyati1) January 24, 2021
- 2022 recruit Myles Pollard (DB, 6-2, 185) also received an offer this past week. Aaron has a good breakdown in his weekly Recruiting Roundup