- There hasn’t been a lot to cheer for this men’s basketball season but the Huskies pulled off the upset last night against a really good Colorado team for their best effort of the year.
- Marcus Tsohonis had a career high 27 points and has been been el fuego recently:
Tsohonis in his first 5 games: 12 mpg, 7% FG, 0% 3pt.— Max Vrooman (@UWDP_maxvroom) January 21, 2021
Tsohonis in his last 5 games: 24 mpg, 58% FG, 58% 3pt.
I had no idea Larry Scott was holding back Washington basketball that much— Mark Titus (@clubtrillion) January 21, 2021
- Unfortunately, the women’s team has been forced to cancel their 5th straight game due to COVID-19 issues within the program.
- It was by far the best game of Jaden McDaniels’ young NBA career despite Minnesota blowing a late lead.
- Matisse doing Matisse things in a Philly win over Boston
Matisse Thybulle in 21 minutes tonight for the 76ers:— 206 Hoops (@206Hoops) January 21, 2021
We don't call him "Matisse the Thief" for nothing.
- Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott has announced as part of a “mutual decision” that he will be stepping down effective June 30. Our own Andrew Berg talked about some of the reasons why the news was met with near universal approval.
- Jon Wilner talks about Scott’s legacy and where the conference might go from here.
From July 2009 to June 2019, Larry Scott made $36,057,637, including $5.4 million in 18-19, per current tax records.— Kyle Bonagura (@BonaguraESPN) January 21, 2021
Assuming he's paid through the end of his contract in 2022, he'll end up having made somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 million as Pac-12 commissioner.
- I mean, could he do any worse?
The Pac-12 will have many great options to replace Larry Scott as Commissioner, but one man stands alone as someone who could certainly get the conference back into the national conversation. #Walton4Commish https://t.co/06qc2sZcMd— RedditCFB (@RedditCFB) January 21, 2021
- Outgoing DC Pete Kwiatkowski was interviewed on KJR about his decision and essentially said it was just time for him to make a change and dismissed notions of discontent about his role on the Husky staff.
- Christian Caple at The Athletic also sat down with Pete to talk about the move and his Husky career.
- Mike Vorel looks at 8 potential candidates as a replacement for Kwiatkowski.
- Meanwhile Dawgman looks at the impact that losing Coach K will have on recruiting.
Huskies infamously were in his final 3 and narrowly missed out during his recruitment out of high school. https://t.co/lhbADAeNej— UW Dawg Pound (@UWonSBN) January 20, 2021
UW Athletics Dots
- The Huskies were picked to finish 2nd in the preseason poll for Pac-12 volleyball.