A winter’s dayIn a deep and dark December
I am alone
Gazing from my window to the streets below
On a freshly fallen silent shroud of Dots
- As the nation watches the start of a new era, the Huskies process the end of another one. The Seattle Times breaks down the sudden and surprising departure of Pete Kwiatkowski to Texas.
- 247 Sports has a view of the hire from the Texas side. Coach K has led overachieving defenses for years. Texas has been an underachieving program for almost as long. Could that be a match made in Horn Heaven?
- Dawgman takes an early look at some of the candidates to replace Kwiatkowski. The decision is a fascinating one for Jimmy Lake. Does he look to preserve continuity internally or look outside? Does he try to replicate Coach K’s strategic brilliance or look for a bigger personality on the recruiting trail?
- Dawgman also has an extended profile of Wilson Schwartz, a walk-on tight end from southern California. Schwartz may have some untapped potential as someone who focused on basketball for most of his athletic career.
- As the Husky basketball team continues to struggle, the Seattle Times surveyed several analysts to determine how UW fell from the conference title to these depths sho quickly. Between recruiting failures, player development shortcomings, cultural misses, and lacking execution, there are plenty of culprits.
Colts have several ways to go with QB situation. Which one do you like best?— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) January 20, 2021
Vita Vea is out here at practice, hanging out with other defensive linemen, looks fine. Only special teams work in the window open to media so hard to read where he is.— Greg Auman (@gregauman) January 20, 2021