- Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News reports that the Pac-12 paid its executives and managers, including the commissioner, millions in bonuses a month before it laid off nearly half its staff.
- More from Jon Wilner who questions Pac-12 leadership and asks them to think outside the box to allow teams to get back on the field.
And if you read the above article, here’s an update about UCLA’s status for an October 31st start:
Either UCLA has completely reversed its position since yesterday, which is possible, I suppose - and would come as a surprise to the entire Pac-12 - or the Bruins are in monumental damage control mode. https://t.co/VZBZ9ZDg04— Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) September 20, 2020
- Dawgman’s Scott Eklund interviewed Myles Gaskin about his recent success with the Miami Dolphins.
- After former UW and current Atlanta Falcon’s OL Kaleb McGary suffered what appeared to be a potentially serious knee injury on Sunday, there’s now some good news indicating the injury might not be as bad as initially feared:
Some good news for #Falcons OL Kaleb McGary. Source said his MCL sprain is pretty minor and he may just miss a week. He had his MRI this morning.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 21, 2020
Marcus Peters, a former 1st round pick out of Washington, had a highlight reel interception today against Deshaun Watson— WestCoastCFB.com (@WestCoastCFB) September 21, 2020
Peters now has 28 interceptions since entering the NFL in 2015. No other player has more than 19
- Touchdown pass to former UW WR Marvin Hall with Brock Huard on the call. And no, Kevin King wasn’t covering him so all good news here:
Seahawks fasho the most entertaining team to watch in the nfl rn— Joe Tryon-Shoyinka (@joe_tryon) September 21, 2020